The Microsoft campus is located in the Seattle suburb of Redmond, Washington in the United States of America. It covers a land area size of over 500 acres. It has over 100 office buildings and a lake. As a city on its own, it has amenities such as a shopping mall, sports fields and a transport system. All to make the working life of its employees easy and amazing.
Interesting things at the Microsoft Headquarters:
There is a hallway where high-fives are mandatory.
There is no building 7.
Microsoft visitor centre or building 92, takes you on a journey through the past, present and future of the company. It is also an experiential centre just like any Microsoft store and you can see and have a hands-on with Microsoft products.
Over 50,000 employees work across the campus.
Take a tour inside the massive Microsoft campus
Microsoft is currently building modern workspaces that are ecologically and environmentally friendly. It is modernizing the workplace to enhance productivity and collaboration, the employee experience and support its cultural transformation with these spaces. Microsoft plans to be carbon negative by 2030.
Check out its plan for a modernized Redmond campus of the future.
Ever been to the Microsoft campus in Redmond or any other campus? Tell us what you saw or think. Also, check out Microsoft’s futuristic Israel campus.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- AFS launches Accelerator, Exchange Scholarships for Girls in STEM Worldwide
- Iristick brings remote assistance and collaboration to its smart glasses with Microsoft Teams
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Upcoming releases – Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- University of Nairobi student team wins Equity Hackathon
- Dynabook Portégé X40-K laptop, lightweight, powerful and secure
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- 21 startups qualify for Microsoft MEA GrowthX Accelerator program
- What specifications should you care about in a gaming laptop?
- Tizeti, Microsoft bring affordable high-speed internet to Oyo State