15 startups will participate in the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program. They will work to co-create technology solutions with partners such as Etihad Airways, Unilever, Flow, IKEA, KPMG and Akbank. The startups will spend 12-weeks of virtual and physical workshops and training in the United Arab Emirates. Thanks to Microsoft for Startups’ partnership with the Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO).
Startups are now in the driver’s seat to fulfilling their potential says Roberto Croci, Managing Director, Microsoft for Startups, MEA. “Alongside our partners, we look forward to enabling our first cohort of B2B startups to compete at the highest level. And in hopes of transforming the region into a globally leading hub for technology and entrepreneurship.”
The accelerator program is designed to bridge the gap between corporates and B2B startups across the Middle East and Africa. By connecting startups with large corporations with specific problem statements they are looking to solve. The 12-week program will empower the B2B startups with technology, mentoring and market access.
GrowthX Accelerator startups
Here are the 15 startups from across the Middle East and Africa region participating in the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program.
- Spitch – a global provider of B2B and B2C Conversational AI solutions.
- Gener8 – enables users to control and be rewarded from their own data.
- Poltio – helps the world’s top brands engage and learn from their users with interactive content.
- Getbee – an ecommerce platform that engages with customers on a more human and immersive level.
- OPLOG – a pioneer in e-logistics, simplifying the cost, time and resources for supply chain operations.
- Fero – shaping the future of digital freight with technology to automate the logistics industry,
- Urbantz – a SaaS solution to transform last mile delivery and logistics across industries.
- Barakatech – delivers super-app platforms, blockchain solutions, and next-gen FinTech microservices.
- Hi55 – a digital payroll scheme to empower individuals and businesses with cashflow.
- Nym Card – provides dynamic and secure building blocks for building fast and easy card programs.
- Artiwise – an AI and NLP startup that provides cloud-based analytics solutions to enterprises.
- B2Brain – delivers tailored analytics to automate research and intelligence to improve conversations.
- Alpha Sense – an intelligence platform that helps businesses make data-driven decisions.
- NexDegree –enables brick & mortar retail stores to improve customer experience and sales.
- Udentify – reduces the need for manmade market research, utilizing body tracking technologies.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream