Microsoft is announcing that applications for its GrowthX Accelerator Program is now open to startups with ground-breaking solutions. The program under Microsoft for Startups initiative hopes to bridge the gap between corporates with challenges and startups with solutions.
It is part of a larger strategic partnership between Microsoft and the Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO). To accelerate opportunities in the emirate for startups. The program will empower B2B startups with technology, mentoring and market access.
The GrowthX Accelerator Program will include 12-weeks of virtual and physical workshops and training. Mentorship from domain experts, technical support and guidance and social and alumni events. As well as a series of “demo days” and networking events. Where startups can showcase their visions to both venture capitalists and Microsoft’s regional customers.
“Startups are essential to any economy. They catalyse innovation and new technologies that drive tremendous impact for all. Abu Dhabi is focused on creating a nurturing environment for startups and acting as a launchpad for them to bring fresh ideas to life here, make the most of opportunities across the region and scale globally,” said H.E. Dr. Tariq Bin Hendi, Director General of ADIO.
“As the founding partner of the GrowthX Accelerator, we are excited to work with Microsoft to unlock Abu Dhabi and the region’s rich economic potential. And empower these homegrown innovators with the tools they need in order to succeed in the new digital economy.”
Kindly click here to apply now or find out more about the Microsoft for Startups GrowthX Accelerator program. Application ends on the 7th of July 2021 with the cohort starting August to November 2021.
“Across the region, Microsoft customers across all industries and sizes are hungry for innovative solutions that will empower them to compete in what is now a truly global digital economy,” says Roberto Croci, Managing Director, Microsoft for Startups, MEA.
“The global Microsoft for Startups program was created to support the creators of these solutions and connect them with the technology and purposeful partnerships they need to succeed. Our work with Abu Dhabi Investment Office on the GrowthX Accelerator program will lay important groundwork for that vision in the region by working to transform Abu Dhabi and the region into a global technology and entrepreneurship hub.”
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Microsoft AI for Accessibility low-cost Assistive Technology grant, Request for Proposals
- HUAWEI MateBook E (2022), specs, price, availability date
- Meet the winners of the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Online Championship
- ETIHAD to achieve net-zero sustainability goals with Microsoft tech
- Here is how to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp
- Microsoft Student Summit Africa 2021 set for 1-3 December
- Ghana Space Science and Technology Institute, Viasat launch first Real-Time Earth ground station in Africa
- Lucidspark brings new whiteboard integration experience to Microsoft Teams
- Surface Laptop 4 arrives in South Africa, starts at R945 per month and R18,999
- Cairo ICT 2021, Microsoft showcases innovations in Cloud, AI, Security, and modern work