Acer has worked with Porsche Design to produce a new laptop called the Porsche Design Acer Book RS. The design of the laptop is inspired by the Porsche 911 classic sports car.
The companies combine the sleek and elegance of the car with the latest Intel generation processor. Thereby producing what it calls a device that brings premium and performance together.
Acer announced the new laptop during the October 2020 Next at Acer virtual press event. Where the company also announced the Acer Swift 3X, Acer Aspire 5, Acer Spin 5 and Spin3 Windows 10 devices.
The device sports a compact all-metal chassis with a 3K carbon fiber cover at the top. It comes powered with the latest 11th generation Intel core i7 processor and the NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GPU. Acer notes the display has ultra-narrow bezels that allow for an immersive 90% screen-to-body ratio. The included dual copper heat pipes will ensure the laptop remains generally cool. An included fast charge technology will generate about four hours of use after just thirty minutes of charging, Acer says.
Watch Acer announce the Porsche Design Acer Book RS
Device Technology Specifications
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor
- Intel Iris Xe graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GPU
- 16 GB RAM
- 14-inch FHD IPS touchscreen w/ Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass
- Dual-band Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+)
- Thunderbolt 4
- USB3.2 Gen 2
- Fingerprint logins
- Weighs 1.2 kg (2.65 lbs) and 15.99 mm (0.63 in) thin
Acer will be selling a premium package of the device that includes a specially designed travelpack and mouse for the device. The travel pack includes a specially designed mousepad, mouse, carrying pouch and a notebook sleeve.
No date has been given for when the Porsche Design Acer Book RS laptop will be available. However, Acer notes it will be available in North America at USD 1,399.99, Europe Middle East and Africa(EMEA) at EUR 1,799 and in China at RMB 14,999.
The premium package will retail in North America starting at USD 1,999.99; in EMEA starting at EUR 2,399; and in China starting at RMB 19,999.
What do you think about this high end design partnership between Porsche and Acer?
Checkout other stories making the news in the ecosystem.
- Manchester United fans in Africa will get access to MUTV in new partnership with StarTimes
- Opera launches chat service ‘Hype’ in Kenya
- CSPs must transform to provide customers with a more seamless digital experience
- How technology could promote growth in 5 African countries
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Microsoft addresses confusion over ‘Azure’ pronunciation
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Ignite 2021 March digital event
- Microsoft to mark Black History Month with series of initiatives across Xbox and Windows