Update: Includes links to manual update, Answers if it is safe to download
Windows 10 version 20H2 October 2020 Update download is available and rolling out in a measured and phased approach.
There are changes to how Microsoft is delivering the Windows 10 version 20H2 October 2020 feature update this time around. You’ll recall from previous updates that it takes a long time to download and install. This isn’t and wouldn’t be the case any longer.
To be honest, this is the fastest windows feature update i have seen. This is because Microsoft is using the servicing technology it uses for its monthly update process. If you are sceptical about upgrading i don’t think you should. I will tell you why a in a few paragraphs. My experience was seamless and great without any glitches.
Everyone who has updated to the May 2020 update or Windows 10 version 2004 should get a faster experience. However, if you are still on an earlier Windows 10 version you will still use the old method of updating.
The 20H2 feature update offers a scoped set of features to improve performance and enhance quality, shares John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery.
The feature update includes the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium, Xbox Game Pass for PC, Settings and Notifications improvements. Others are Theme-aware Start tiles, Microsoft Edge tabs in Alt + Tab, Personalised taskbar and tablet posture improvements. The new Microsoft Edge now enables you to create different user profiles so that you can easily synchronize and switch profiles across devices.
What is new in Windows 10 version 20H2
No Fails or glitches
Microsoft is taking a measured seeker-based rollout approach and is throttling availability over the coming weeks. So you don’t have to do anything really, till it shows up in your Windows update settings.
To get the update open Windows Update settings (Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update) and select Check for updates. Do you see the update like in the picture below? Select Download and install to get it.
However, if you don’t see the notification in your Windows update settings this is what you can do to get the update now.
Download the Windows 10 Update Assistant and run it tp help you update to the latest version of Windows 10. Or you can download and run the Windows 10 media creation tool, to create an ISO or USB installation media. Click here to visit the Microsoft page and download.
What are your thoughts on the new Windows 10 feature updates? The new way of delivering the update to users? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
Updated 29 October 4:17 PM: Article updated to include manual download links and answer questions on if it is safe to download Windows 10 version 20h2.
Checkout other stories making the news from the region.
- First look and hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro and Galaxy Book Pro 360
- Microsoft brings three new Azure Specialization courses to Coursera
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Build 2021 May digital event
- Team Bloom wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Canon selects 10 Mathare community students to study at KCA University
- New TECNO Spark 7P comes with 16MP AI triple camera
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers