Today, Microsoft announces its Android Surface Duo mobile device is available for preorder. The device starts at $1399 and will be available in-store and online from September 10.
Here is a first look at the device.
The mobile device weighs 250 grams and has two 5.6″ PixelSense fusion AMOLED displays that open up to be 8.1″. It sports an 11MP adaptive camera that Microsoft says is optimized with AI for front and rear camera and video recording. The mobile device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB memory and will have storage variants of 128GB or 256GB. With the 256GB variant costing $100 more.
It comes preloaded with Android version 10 and preinstalled with most google and Microsoft apps, including Microsoft Surface Duo UI.
For inking, the Surface Duo works with other Microsoft Surface pens.
Microsoft notes the Surface Duo is available for preorder in the U.S. It doesn’t mention any specifics for other markets, except to check with your local commercial reseller.
What’s under the hood? Take a look into the new mobile device and what runs on the circuit board. The folks at TheVerge share a rich history on the device you should check out.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream