Today, Microsoft announces its Android Surface Duo mobile device is available for preorder. The device starts at $1399 and will be available in-store and online from September 10.
Here is a first look at the device.
The mobile device weighs 250 grams and has two 5.6″ PixelSense fusion AMOLED displays that open up to be 8.1″. It sports an 11MP adaptive camera that Microsoft says is optimized with AI for front and rear camera and video recording. The mobile device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB memory and will have storage variants of 128GB or 256GB. With the 256GB variant costing $100 more.
It comes preloaded with Android version 10 and preinstalled with most google and Microsoft apps, including Microsoft Surface Duo UI.
For inking, the Surface Duo works with other Microsoft Surface pens.
Microsoft notes the Surface Duo is available for preorder in the U.S. It doesn’t mention any specifics for other markets, except to check with your local commercial reseller.
What’s under the hood? Take a look into the new mobile device and what runs on the circuit board. The folks at TheVerge share a rich history on the device you should check out.
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance