Microsoft Build 2020 is taking a new format this year. One of the many features in this year’s digital event is Community Connections experience. Through these experiences, Microsoft will be hosting small group discussions that relate to the local developer community in Africa. The Microsoft Build Africa community connections experience sessions will discuss opportunities, details of upcoming events and the Microsoft Africa Development Center for African developers.
There will be three related Microsoft Build Africa community connections experience sessions.
- Connect with Microsoft in Africa and your local dev community
Join your local Microsoft team for a fun-filled community meeting as we talk about hot tech, opportunities for developers on the continent and some spicy details on upcoming events for African devs. Thursday, May 21, 2:00 AM – 4:00 AM GMT
- Expert Q&A: The Road to Power Africa
Join Microsoft’s Africa Development Centre Engineers to learn more about what it’s like to be part of the ADC team. Join them as they chat about what it takes to be a Microsoft Engineer, their day-to-day life and what you can do to get started. They are joined by Microsoft’s Developer team who will cover some amazing developer events coming up and what you can do to improve your skills as a developer. Be sure to join!! Thursday, May 21, 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM GMT
- Global Social Entrepreneurship Program
Learn how Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship is enabling social entrepreneurs via technology, access to Grants and customers. Celina Lee, CEO, Zindi will share how she is mobilizing data scientists in Africa on Azure, creating job opportunities and bringing the community together. Wednesday, May 20, 7:30 PM – 8:00 PM GMT
Let’s know if you are excited for Microsoft Build and Microsoft’s focus on Africa.
- Microsoft announces USD 2 million investment for smallholder farmers in South Africa
- Watch Samsung Galaxy Unpacked August 2020 livestream
- African Library Project, Microsoft present Hack for Africa Challenge
- Central University of Technology introduces Artificial Intelligence university programme in partnership with Microsoft, Free State Government, Gijima
- Project RemD wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Microsoft announces new Africa Research Institute to improve productivity in work, health, society
- Microsoft Africa Development Center software engineers celebrate one year of working for the company
- Benefits of using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Genesys partners with Microsoft to help enterprise contact centres improve employee and customer experiences
- Prepostseo announces Microsoft add-on after a successful launch of its chrome extension