Are you a female computer science, IT, or computer science-related course graduate? Or do you have six months or more coding experience? Apply to participate in the next software engineering cohort of the Microsoft LEAP Engineering Acceleration apprenticeship Program in Kenya.
The LEAP Engineering Acceleration Program is a Microsoft initiative that tries to increase diversity. Bringing more women into software engineering roles. By providing them with real world experience through development and project management apprenticeships with hands-on projects.
The selected participants will undergo six weeks of virtual classroom and labs training. Because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Registration is opened from today April 15th to April 21st 2020. Click here to read and get more details and to apply.
Microsoft notes, this is a training program only. However, successful candidates may be eligible to apply for Software Engineering roles within its Africa Development Center department.
Check out other recent posts.
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- My ambition is to help adopt and accelerate Kenya’s digital transformation agenda – Kendi Nderitu
- Women Techsters Initiative to train girls and women across Africa in coding and deep tech skills
- Microsoft hires 200 software engineers to work in Kenya ADC
- Microsoft Global Skills Initiative formally launches in Kenya
- Stanbic, Microsoft initiative to put 2K Kenya youth in jobs by the end of 2021
- Software engineer apprenticeship program with Microsoft, Kenya
- Advanced Microsoft tech to improve Farmer’s Choice food quality and security
- We are committed to ensuring farming communities are equipped with AI, IoT, edge computing tools – Microsoft
- What is it like being a Microsoft software engineer in Africa? Find out amazing experiences, products they are building