Are you a female computer science, IT, or computer science-related course graduate? Or do you have six months or more coding experience? Apply to participate in the next software engineering cohort of the Microsoft LEAP Engineering Acceleration apprenticeship Program in Kenya.
The LEAP Engineering Acceleration Program is a Microsoft initiative that tries to increase diversity. Bringing more women into software engineering roles. By providing them with real world experience through development and project management apprenticeships with hands-on projects.
The selected participants will undergo six weeks of virtual classroom and labs training. Because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Registration is opened from today April 15th to April 21st 2020. Click here to read and get more details and to apply.
Microsoft notes, this is a training program only. However, successful candidates may be eligible to apply for Software Engineering roles within its Africa Development Center department.
Check out other recent posts.
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Catherine Muraga joins Microsoft as the new ADC MD
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- A creative space to bring new ideas to life, Microsoft opens The Garage in Africa
- Microsoft launches new office for ADC software engineers in Kenya
- Microsoft hosts Africa-Canada DigiGirlz Virtual Camp to mark International Women’s Day
- Microsoft, WOCCU support SACCOs with digital solutions to improve SME lending in Kenya
- Microsoft Student hackathon winners get hired as full-time software engineers at Microsoft
- Microsoft to open Garage sites in Nigeria and Kenya