What happened to Microsoft Virtual Academy(MVA)? Where is Microsoft Virtual Academy? I’ve seen a lot of search questions related to these and want to talk about it in this post. For starters the Microsoft Virtual Academy resources or content are no more. However it still exists but in a new improved and modern home; Microsoft Learn. The MVA page doesn’t exist and will redirect you to the new Microsoft learning page.
Microsoft announced in January 2019 it was retiring the MVA page. Stating three reason for this. One bring all its learning platforms into one hub. Two revising outdated knowledge and introducing modern and relevant skills for the next generation of creators. Three structuring the modules to be task-based achievements. Which the company believes can help you advance your technical skills in modern roles. Microsoft Learn is also free just like Microsoft MVA.
The new learning platform has an interactive learning environment. That combines short step by step tutorials with interactive coding and scripting environments in a sandbox.
Microsoft was also allowing anyone who was on a course to complete it and retain transcripts and certificates. I’m not sure how anyone can access the old certificates now. If you have been able to do this, kindly share this with us in the comments.
Got any other question about Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) i didn’t talk about? Ask in the comments and i’ll get you answers.
- Microsoft announces USD 2 million investment for smallholder farmers in South Africa
- Watch Samsung Galaxy Unpacked August 2020 livestream
- African Library Project, Microsoft present Hack for Africa Challenge
- Central University of Technology introduces Artificial Intelligence university programme in partnership with Microsoft, Free State Government, Gijima
- Project RemD wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Microsoft announces new Africa Research Institute to improve productivity in work, health, society
- Microsoft Africa Development Center software engineers celebrate one year of working for the company
- Benefits of using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Genesys partners with Microsoft to help enterprise contact centres improve employee and customer experiences
- Prepostseo announces Microsoft add-on after a successful launch of its chrome extension