As a technology company, Microsoft offers learning resources. For people who want to develop technical skills and confidence as well as build career opportunities. Most often allowing them to leverage and skill up in their tools and technologies. These platforms include Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA), Cloud Society Platform, Microsoft courses on edX and Microsoft Learning.
Microsoft Learn – a one stop for self-paced, guided learning
Microsoft Learn was announced at Ignite last year in a bid to bring its learning platforms into one hub. A way to revise outdated knowledge and introduce modern and relevant skills for the next generation of creators. Like the Microsoft Virtual Academy, Microsoft Learn is free. It provides a tailored learning path through tutorials, a coding and interactive environment. As well as help you prepare towards certifications. Microsoft says “We built Microsoft Learn as a one-stop for self-paced, guided learning on all of our platform products and services”.
Starting 31st January Microsoft Virtual Academy will be retired in phases and its content removed by the end of 2019. Complete any course you currently are taking by the 31st of January to retain your transcript and certificate.
Here’s how the Microsoft Virtual Academy email reads;
“To simplify your tech training journey, we are consolidating our learning resources and retiring Microsoft Virtual Academy in phases, beginning on January 31, 2019. Complete site retirement is scheduled for later in 2019. Check your MVA Dashboard frequently for courses you have started that are retiring. To earn your certificates of completion, be sure to finish any courses by January 31, 2019.
Although Microsoft Virtual Academy content will no longer be available, we know that learning never stops. We recently announced Microsoft Learn which is a new site that provides a free, interactive learning environment that combines short step by step tutorials, interactive coding/scripting environments, and task-based achievements that help you advance your technical skills. Check it out! “
I’ve noticed the cloud society and Microsoft courses on edX platforms have been integrated with Microsoft Learn. This brings all of Microsoft’s learning tools and resources under one documentation and platform for up to date information.
You can download your MVA completed course certificates from the dashboard, Check Microsoft Learn out and build new skills.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills