As a technology company, Microsoft offers learning resources. For people who want to develop technical skills and confidence as well as build career opportunities. Most often allowing them to leverage and skill up in their tools and technologies. These platforms include Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA), Cloud Society Platform, Microsoft courses on edX and Microsoft Learning.
Microsoft Learn – a one stop for self-paced, guided learning
Microsoft Learn was announced at Ignite last year in a bid to bring its learning platforms into one hub. A way to revise outdated knowledge and introduce modern and relevant skills for the next generation of creators. Like the Microsoft Virtual Academy, Microsoft Learn is free. It provides a tailored learning path through tutorials, a coding and interactive environment. As well as help you prepare towards certifications. Microsoft says “We built Microsoft Learn as a one-stop for self-paced, guided learning on all of our platform products and services”.
Starting 31st January Microsoft Virtual Academy will be retired in phases and its content removed by the end of 2019. Complete any course you currently are taking by the 31st of January to retain your transcript and certificate.
Here’s how the Microsoft Virtual Academy email reads;
“To simplify your tech training journey, we are consolidating our learning resources and retiring Microsoft Virtual Academy in phases, beginning on January 31, 2019. Complete site retirement is scheduled for later in 2019. Check your MVA Dashboard frequently for courses you have started that are retiring. To earn your certificates of completion, be sure to finish any courses by January 31, 2019.
Although Microsoft Virtual Academy content will no longer be available, we know that learning never stops. We recently announced Microsoft Learn which is a new site that provides a free, interactive learning environment that combines short step by step tutorials, interactive coding/scripting environments, and task-based achievements that help you advance your technical skills. Check it out! “
I’ve noticed the cloud society and Microsoft courses on edX platforms have been integrated with Microsoft Learn. This brings all of Microsoft’s learning tools and resources under one documentation and platform for up to date information.
You can download your MVA completed course certificates from the dashboard, Check Microsoft Learn out and build new skills.
- Microsoft appoints Salima Amira as Country Manager for Morocco
- Windows 11 leak shows the new Start menu
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft to establish the African Digital Foundry
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies opens first Innovation and Digital Skills Centre in Mthatha, South Africa
- Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- itel ABLE 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- Microsoft announces winners of the Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge 2021
- What’s next for Xbox? Here is what is new and coming in the future to Gaming at Microsoft
- Future Ni Digital skills program kicks off in Kariobangi
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go and Galaxy Book Go 5G specs, price, availability date