Microsoft Middle East and Africa Cloud Society is organizing a certification contest. That will see three winners receive a return air ticket to Cape Town, South Africa. The winners will attend a special Microsoft Media Event as well as DevConf 2020 software developer conference. Another ten winners will be selected for various prices including lunch with a Microsoft subject matter expert.
Microsoft says the contest is “to train IT professionals, developers and students in the Middle East & Africa on Cloud technology, while also rewarding them”. Everyone including Microsoft Partners are eligible to participate in the cloud society certification contest. Oh you must be eighteen years and above.
The skill-based contest is however opened to only people from the following countries. South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon and Mauritius. Let’s find out how to participate if you are eligible.
This is how the contest reads out;
Play an instrumental role in strengthening the security posture of your organization with professional cloud computing courses. Begin your journey today by taking our free, specialized courses on Security, powered by Azure on Microsoft Cloud Society and get incredible rewards along the way. What are you waiting for?
Steps to winning a trip to South Africa and DevConf 2020
1. Register to become a member of the Microsoft Cloud Society. If you aren’t already a member. Registration is free. If you are a member sign in with your account details. Kindly note that you’ll need to link your LinkedIn profile to your registered account.
3. Get a free Course Completion badge/trophy from Microsoft when you complete the course.
4. Create a public post by sharing your Course Completion badge on LinkedIn or Facebook using the hashtag #iamacloudhero.
5. The top 10 posts with the highest total number of likes and shares on March 1st 2020 will win one of the below prize.
- Receive a one year LinkedIn Premium subscription
- Be featured on the Microsoft Cloud Society Homepage
- Have lunch with a Microsoft technical expert
6. Now to win the an all-expenses-paid trip to South Africa and attend DevConf 2020 and the special Microsoft Media event, you’ll need to take one more major step. That is get Microsoft certified for the course you took. Take a paid examination related to your course. Note that Microsoft cloud society members recieve a discount on the exams fee.
7. Share your Course Completion badge/trophy and paid Completion Certificate on LinkedIn and Facebook using the hashtag #iamacloudhero.
8. The top three participants with the highest total number of post likes and shares will get a chance to go to Devconf, Cape Town in March 2020.
Don’t forget to submit your entry to the competition when you complete the courses.
Got any other questions, thoughts or suggestions about the contest? Share them with us in the comments. Don’t forget to share this with anyone who will like or benefit from this. Thank you.
- Kenya and Tunisia student teams qualify for 2020 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA Regional finals
- Windows 7 reaches end of support today but 40% of PCs in Africa still run it
- AI Challenge Program to accelerate the adoption of AI technologies in the UAE
- What businesses need to know about hybrid cloud
- Dynabook unveils world’s lightest 13” business laptop, Portégé X30L-G
- Imagine Cup Junior : Microsoft targets younger students with Artificial Intelligence for Good Challenge