Are you a female developer living in Nigeria? Apply to participate in the second cohort of the Microsoft Nigeria LEAP Engineering Acceleration Program.
Microsoft Nigeria lunched the first cohort of the apprenticeship program in October this year. With ten selected female developers from across Nigeria participating in the Program. They received sixteen weeks of training in technical support software engineering roles.
The second cohort of LEAP program in Nigeria will have two tracks. Tracks in Software engineering and support engineering.
The LEAP Engineering Acceleration Program is a Microsoft initiative that tries to increase diversity. Bringing more women into software engineering roles. By providing them with real world experience through development and project management apprenticeships with hands-on projects.
Speaking to me about the program, Princess Anya, shares that the ladies will undergo four weeks of classroom and labs training. After which they will proceed to do twelve weeks of hands-on project sessions. Where they handle projects with guidance from mentors.
In a prelude to the first cohort, Microsoft hosted thirty female developers in a hackathon event in Lagos.
- Ola Williams takes over as new Microsoft Nigeria country manager
- 2021 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa Award winners
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is now available in Africa and the Middle East
- Team Bloom wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19