Microsoft is phasing out the resume assistant tool in Microsoft Word which gives people ideas for work experiences and skills. The company started by removing the CV assistant feature from the Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel (Preview) in September 2022. With plans to fully remove the feature from Word for Microsoft 365 and no longer support it by January 2023.
In a blog post, it notes “Microsoft is committed to improving your Microsoft 365 subscription. As a result, we occasionally remove features and benefits that duplicate equivalent offerings that are available to subscribers.”
By January 2023, Microsoft will remove the resume assistant feature across Windows (Current Channel, Monthly Enterprise Channel, Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel), Mac, and Word for the web. Microsoft recommends using a resume template in Word or the LinkedIn Resume Builder as a replacement.
The resume assistant tool is a feature powered by LinkedIn in Word for Microsoft 365 that helps resume/CV writers craft compelling resumes with personalized insights. They get real-world examples of work experiences and top skills related to a role or industry. It shows a CV writer examples of descriptions to use as inspiration to tailor theirs so recruiters and hiring managers can notice them.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
- A big decision: switching from Playstation to Xbox
- 5 ways you can make money with technology
- Here are tips on how to become a successful content creator in 2023
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March
- Microsoft launches technical skill-enhancement program for university lecturers.
- Students from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa qualify for the 2023 Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
2 thoughts on “Microsoft is phasing out the Resume Assistant tool in word”