Tecno has partnered with the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, to launch the special edition CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian. The device comes with a “sunlight drawing” or light sensing technology that allows the phone to change colours. It is inspired by the beauty of lines and colour of Piet Mondrian, the Dutch pioneer of abstract art known for his bold and colourful block paintings. The special edition Camon also comes as a Gift Set featuring a TECNO CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian Edition smartphone, a pair of TECNO TWS SONIC 1 earbuds, and other 2 Mondrian style accessories. In June this year, TECNO released the TECNO Camon 19, Camon 19 Neo, Camon 19 Pro and Camon 19 Pro 5G.
TECNO’s “sunlight drawing” technology – more formally known as polychromatic photoisomer technology – is a process that breaks through the technical limitations of single-colour or dual-colour discolouration, and is inspired by the works of Mondrian, enabling the phone’s shell to follow geometrical patterns of colour change in the sun.
The special edition device comes with what looks like a white back, but the second light hits the back cover it changes colour. It has the same features as the Camon 19 Pro. Sporting ultraslim 0.98mm thin bezel that gives you more screen space. As well as the dual-ring triple-camera layout design and RGBW camera sensor + Glass technology and 50MP 2X Optical-Zoom Lens. Which promises brilliant portrait photography in challenging low-light and nighttime conditions.
The Mondrian edition is currently available in Kenya at Ksh 35,000 and NGN 187,500 in Nigeria. Tecno says it will be available across global regions including Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Southern Asia.
Tecno Camon 19 Pro Mondrian specification
|Display||6.8″ 1080×2460 Resolution, 120Hz FHD+ High Gamut Display|
|Dimensions||166.79 x 74.55 x 8.58 mm|
|Front Camera||32MP w/ dual flash|
|Rear Camera||64MP + 50MP + 2MP Quad Flash|
|Processor||MediaTek Helio G96 Octa-Core|
|Storage||8GB RAM with 128/256 internal storage|
|OS||Android 12, HIOS 8.6|
|Battery||5000mAh, 33W Flash Charge|
|Network||5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth v5.2|
|Price||Kenya – Ksh 35,000, Nigeria – NGN 187,500,|
Mondrian edition unboxing and review via YouTube Cyril Okoi
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence
- The ROG Ally: A Next-Gen handheld gaming machine
- New AI solutions and improvements to Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
- PowerShot V10, Canon introduces lightweight and easy-to-use vlogging camera
- Cross-border payments in Africa, the state in 2023
- LG gram SuperSlim: The Thinnest LG gram Ever
- Young African Leaders Initiative and Microsoft Africa Development Centre partner to improve youth digital skills
One thought on “Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology”