Catherine Muraga, former head of the engineering team at Stanbic Bank Kenya is joining Microsoft as the new head of the Africa Development Center (ADC East) software engineering hub. She takes over from Jack Nagare who recently made the switch to join Google Cloud as Technical Director.
Catherine Muraga brings a diverse wealth of experience to Microsoft ADC having worked in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, aviation, and banking. With an expansive 15 years of knowledge of the IT landscape in Kenya and the region.
Prior to joining Microsoft, she led the Engineering team at Stanbic Bank Kenya and South Sudan. Leading all engineering capabilities including information technology, data, AI and Analytics, Cyber Security, Operations & Real estate services. She was also a member of the bank’s Executive Leadership team. She was previously the Director of IT and Operations at Sidian Bank.
I am excited to be joining the ADC at this particular time says Catherine Muraga. “I look forward to continuing the tremendous work that has already begun“, she adds.
Catherine is an alumnus of Columbia Business School Digital Strategies for Business, Oxford University Fintech Programme and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from Africa Nazarene University.
Microsoft says the ADC engineering hub has grown to over 450 full-time employees.
sign up so you can get the latest
in breaking news, reviews,
community updates right
in your inbox. ” custom_font_size=”16px” custom_border_radius=”0″ custom_border_weight=”1″ custom_padding=”15″ custom_spacing=”10″ submit_button_classes=”” email_field_classes=”” show_only_email_and_button=”true”]
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence