Futurize is launching its first annual Fuel Africa Innovation Program from March 17 to 25, 2022. In partnership with AstraZeneca, through the A.Catalyst Network, and Microsoft and co-funded by Bristol Myers Squibb and Famfa Oil. To equip young entrepreneurs with the resources to build high-potential venture ideas and contribute to sustainable development globally.
Fuel Africa 2022 will bring together students and alumni of 12 universities across 7 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to address some of the continent’s most pressing challenges in healthcare. Through a virtual entrepreneurship bootcamp and innovation hackathon competition.
Coding or healthcare experiences are not a requirement to participate in the program. Participants will receive mentorship and hands-on training to build solutions for early-stage business ventures. It is currently focusing on solutions that provide access to healthcare as well as the screening, early diagnosis and optimal management of Non-Communicable Diseases. Winners will get investment money and opportunities to advance their careers.
Participating universities include Amref International University (AMIU), African Leadership University (ALU), Covenant University, JFN Institute of Technology, Obafemi Awolowo University, University of Ibadan, University of Ghana, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria, University of Capetown, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology and the University of Nairobi.
“Microsoft, through the Africa Transformation Office, is committed to supporting education transformation across Africa with access to learning tools, resources and technology. We look forward to seeing what innovative solutions to pressing concerns these bright minds will develop during the program.”Yacine Barro Bourgault, Enablement Lead, Africa Transformation Office at Microsoft.
Click to learn more about the Futurize Fuel Africa 2022 Health Innovation challenge and how to participate.
- AFS launches Accelerator, Exchange Scholarships for Girls in STEM Worldwide
- Iristick brings remote assistance and collaboration to its smart glasses with Microsoft Teams
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Upcoming releases – Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- University of Nairobi student team wins Equity Hackathon
- Dynabook Portégé X40-K laptop, lightweight, powerful and secure
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- 21 startups qualify for Microsoft MEA GrowthX Accelerator program
- What specifications should you care about in a gaming laptop?
- Tizeti, Microsoft bring affordable high-speed internet to Oyo State