Microsoft is committing to training ten thousand software developers in South Africa by the end of 2022. By giving them an opportunity to learn new and modern skills as well as access to the latest technologies. This is in an effort to help in building the local software developer community in the country.
Microsoft will through skilling programs and initiatives upskill developers so that they can add value within informal developer communities as well as across commercial and corporate environments.
“At Microsoft, we understand the power of community says Lillian Barnard, General Manager at Microsoft South Africa. “And appreciate the value these shared spaces can bring to employees, businesses and, ultimately, the world“, she adds.
Lillian notes that when organizations like Microsoft work together with developer communities to overcome skills gaps the results is creativity and more innovation. That developers with access to the latest technologies and skills result in an acceleration of the digital transformation of businesses.
“When we build thriving developer communities, …, we also create innovations that have a societal impact and that have the potential to change lives.”Lillian Barnard, Microsoft South Africa MD
Microsoft didn’t throw light on how or who it will partner with to execute this project. However, in previous campaigns, it has worked with developer communities such as the Andela Learning Community, Geekulcha and other groups.
Last year, Microsoft trained three thousand developers in Gauteng, South Africa to drive youth employability.
- Hisense introduces 110′ ULED X and 8K Laser TV at CES 2023
- Microsoft is offering a free Data Science course to help you with your Data Science Career
- ChatGPT – five useful ways you can use the AI chatbot
- Mecer Inter-Ed and Microsoft are giving 10 South African ladies the opportunity to break into tech
- New Microsoft Skills for Jobs Learning Pathways program brings 350 courses, 6 career certificates
- This 7-in-1 smart multi-plug outlet extender does it all
- Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Innovation Conference 2022
- My emotional attachment to Apple Watch Ultra
- The Beautiful link between Technology and Football
- Drop: a new way to send files, notes across mobile and PC devices