TCL Communications makes entry into the Microsoft Windows ecosystem with the announcement of its first laptop, TCL BOOK 14 Go. The TCL BOOK 14 Go laptop will retail at $349 targeting students and young professionals. It will be available in quarter 2 of 2022.
Here is what we currently know about the new laptop from TCL. The BOOK 14 Go will run Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 11 powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c processor. It is housed in a 13.95mm thin metal frame body with a 14.1-inch slim bezel display that weighs 1.3kg. TCL promises up to 12 hours of battery life and 4G LTE connectivity to keep you connected.
“We are thrilled to continue building and expanding into even more product categories while also enhancing the user experience,” says Stefan Streit, CMO of TCL Communication. “We are dedicated to providing features and solutions to our users, that help promote learning and growth“, he adds.
Last year companies such as itel, Infinix and realme, entered the laptop product category with new devices. This should bring healthy competition that creates good devices at affordable prices for consumers. Across Africa and the Middle East region I see the Book 14 Go laptop taking on devices like the itel ABLE 1, itel Spirit 1 and the Infinix INBook X1.
We do not have much on the exact specifications of the laptop apart from what was mentioned at CES 2022. This should become clearer as the device becomes available for the market. We will update this post when TCL shares more with us. Watch the device announcement below and get first impressions of how it looks.
TCL BOOK 14 Go laptop specifications
|Display||14.1-inch, 1,366×768, 16:9|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2|
|Graphics||Adreno 618 GPU|
|Connectivity||4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1,|
|Price||starts at $349|
|Port||SD card, SIM card slot, USB-A v3.0, HDMI,|
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
- Microsoft targets lack of investment, affordable access to finance in a new AfDB partnership
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters