Samsung and IBM invite developers to participate in the 2021 Call for Code challenge dubbed honouring everyday heroes challenge. To encourage the development of new technology solutions to help everyday heroes who are invaluable to society. The winning team will receive a cash prize of $15K USD, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and get deployment support to bring their solution to life.
The hackathon event is part of the broader Call for Code global program with contributions from over 179 nations. Inviting problem-solvers around the world to build and contribute to sustainable, open-source technology projects that address social and humanitarian issues.
Submissions for the Call for Code Honoring Everyday Heroes Challenge must be able to run on a Samsung tablet, smartphone, and/or wearable device. It must also make use of one or more IBM open hybrid cloud technologies such as IBM Cloud or IBM Watson. Participants will also have access to Samsung toolkits, as well as data from The Weather Company.
The deadline for submissions is November 20th and evaluated by a judging panel from IBM and Samsung. It will announce the winner on December 9th.
The Call for Code Honoring Everyday Heroes Challenge starts now. Get more information on how to register and participate here: ibm.biz/CallforCode-Samsung.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- This 7-in-1 smart multi-plug outlet extender does it all
- Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Innovation Conference 2022
- My emotional attachment to Apple Watch Ultra
- The Beautiful link between Technology and Football
- Drop: a new way to send files, notes across mobile and PC devices
- Microsoft to train and support Moroccan student developers, startups, SMEs
- Microsoft hosts Startups Summit in Cape Town
- Microsoft trains Omani youth in cloud, data, and AI
- Have you tried Apple’s iPhone 14 satellite connectivity? It’s magical.
- Algiz 10XR, new ultra-rugged 10-inch Windows tablet