Huawei introduces a number of new products powered by its HarmonyOS at today’s Live Smart with Huawei launch event. These include the Huawei FreeBuds 4, MateView and MateView GT monitors, Watch 3 and MatePad pro. It also announced that about one hundred devices in its ecosystem will be able to upgrade to the new HarmonyOS 2 operating system.
The Huawei Watch 3 series comes with a 3D rotating crown and independent eSIM communication capabilities. That allows you to make and receive phone calls as well as listen to music using the same number and data plan as your phone. The company says it supports 100 workout modes and can monitor skin temperature. It can even double as a hands-free camera remote for your phone.
The MatePad Pro is a tablet with a 12.6 inch OLED FullView display and a 90 per cent screen to body ratio. It is powered by a Kirin 9000 series chipset. The company says it supports the new Tablet-PC Multi-Screen collaboration. This lets you mirror a connected Windows PC screen to the display of the tablet, with three different capability modes. It also comes in a 10.8-inch variant.
Here is everything Huawei announced at the event.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- AFS launches Accelerator, Exchange Scholarships for Girls in STEM Worldwide
- Iristick brings remote assistance and collaboration to its smart glasses with Microsoft Teams
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Upcoming releases – Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- University of Nairobi student team wins Equity Hackathon
- Dynabook Portégé X40-K laptop, lightweight, powerful and secure
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- 21 startups qualify for Microsoft MEA GrowthX Accelerator program
- What specifications should you care about in a gaming laptop?
- Tizeti, Microsoft bring affordable high-speed internet to Oyo State