Huawei introduces a number of new products powered by its HarmonyOS at today’s Live Smart with Huawei launch event. These include the Huawei FreeBuds 4, MateView and MateView GT monitors, Watch 3 and MatePad pro. It also announced that about one hundred devices in its ecosystem will be able to upgrade to the new HarmonyOS 2 operating system.
The Huawei Watch 3 series comes with a 3D rotating crown and independent eSIM communication capabilities. That allows you to make and receive phone calls as well as listen to music using the same number and data plan as your phone. The company says it supports 100 workout modes and can monitor skin temperature. It can even double as a hands-free camera remote for your phone.
The MatePad Pro is a tablet with a 12.6 inch OLED FullView display and a 90 per cent screen to body ratio. It is powered by a Kirin 9000 series chipset. The company says it supports the new Tablet-PC Multi-Screen collaboration. This lets you mirror a connected Windows PC screen to the display of the tablet, with three different capability modes. It also comes in a 10.8-inch variant.
Here is everything Huawei announced at the event.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Intel, Microsoft host Azure Hybrid and Multicloud Digital Event
- Infinix INBOOK X1 laptop unboxing, review, price
- What new feature will you like to see in Windows 11?
- Microsoft appoints Salima Amira as Country Manager for Morocco
- Windows 11 leak shows the new Start menu
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft to establish the African Digital Foundry
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies opens first Innovation and Digital Skills Centre in Mthatha, South Africa
- Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- itel ABLE 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- Microsoft announces winners of the Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge 2021