Huawei introduces a number of new products powered by its HarmonyOS at today’s Live Smart with Huawei launch event. These include the Huawei FreeBuds 4, MateView and MateView GT monitors, Watch 3 and MatePad pro. It also announced that about one hundred devices in its ecosystem will be able to upgrade to the new HarmonyOS 2 operating system.
The Huawei Watch 3 series comes with a 3D rotating crown and independent eSIM communication capabilities. That allows you to make and receive phone calls as well as listen to music using the same number and data plan as your phone. The company says it supports 100 workout modes and can monitor skin temperature. It can even double as a hands-free camera remote for your phone.
The MatePad Pro is a tablet with a 12.6 inch OLED FullView display and a 90 per cent screen to body ratio. It is powered by a Kirin 9000 series chipset. The company says it supports the new Tablet-PC Multi-Screen collaboration. This lets you mirror a connected Windows PC screen to the display of the tablet, with three different capability modes. It also comes in a 10.8-inch variant.
Here is everything Huawei announced at the event.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Microsoft welcomes realme to the Windows partner ecosystem
- realme Book Slim, notebook device specifications and price
- Infinity X50 laptop, device specs and price
- 130K users enrol in the Coding for Employment digital skills program
- Ola Williams takes over as new Microsoft Nigeria country manager
- African startups to win up to $1.5 million in Pitch AgriHack competition
- You can now play Microsoft Flight Simulator on an Xbox console
- Ecobank Group partners with Microsoft to upskill SMEs in 33 countries in Africa
- TECNO Phantom X, premium model price and camera spotlight
- 2021 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa Award winners