Kwik Delivery is announcing that it has closed its pre-Series A financing round. The startup successfully raised $1.7 million in equity from institutional and high net worth investors.
“Kwik Delivery has demonstrated to customers and investors alike its efficiency as well as the relevance of its bold technology-based approach during a most challenging period” explains Romain POIROT-LELLIG, Founder & CEO. “This financing round is enabling us to grow even faster and to disrupt and conquer new markets.”
Kwik Delivery is an on-demand, last-mile delivery platform that connects African businesses to independent delivery riders, dubbed Kwiksters. Launched in 2019, the Kwik platform is currently open to Kwiksters operating in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria.
Using the app, customers able to request a delivery vehicle and track their shipment in real-time. It also provides insurance for goods in transit.
The delivery service app is available on iOS and Android. The trading name of the service is Africa Delivery Technologies SAS.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence
- The ROG Ally: A Next-Gen handheld gaming machine
- New AI solutions and improvements to Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
- PowerShot V10, Canon introduces lightweight and easy-to-use vlogging camera
- Cross-border payments in Africa, the state in 2023
- LG gram SuperSlim: The Thinnest LG gram Ever
- Young African Leaders Initiative and Microsoft Africa Development Centre partner to improve youth digital skills