Kwik Delivery is announcing that it has closed its pre-Series A financing round. The startup successfully raised $1.7 million in equity from institutional and high net worth investors.
“Kwik Delivery has demonstrated to customers and investors alike its efficiency as well as the relevance of its bold technology-based approach during a most challenging period” explains Romain POIROT-LELLIG, Founder & CEO. “This financing round is enabling us to grow even faster and to disrupt and conquer new markets.”
Kwik Delivery is an on-demand, last-mile delivery platform that connects African businesses to independent delivery riders, dubbed Kwiksters. Launched in 2019, the Kwik platform is currently open to Kwiksters operating in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria.
Using the app, customers able to request a delivery vehicle and track their shipment in real-time. It also provides insurance for goods in transit.
The delivery service app is available on iOS and Android. The trading name of the service is Africa Delivery Technologies SAS.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream