TCL Electronics is announcing new consumer products at this years CES 2021 virtual event.
The company used its ‘Experience More’ virtual event to showcase a range of new products designed to make life intelligent and empowering for its customers.
6.7″ AMOLED Rollable Display and 17″ Printed OLED Scrolling Display are the two standout innovations from the announcements. Check them out in the video below.
In the mobile category, the electronics company announced its new TLC 20 series smartphone portfolio. A 5G capable device, the TLC 20 5G smartphone will launch at a retail price of under 300 Euros. While an affordable version of the 20 series the TLC 20 SE is will retail at 149 Euros. The SE variant will also have a 5G model released later in the year.
A first commercially available wearable display glasses, MOVEAUDIO S600 wireless earbuds and MOVETRACK pet tracker are new innovations in the wearable technology category.
TAB 10S and NXTPAPER in the tablet category will look to meet the needs of remote professionals and students.
TCL 20 5G and 20 SE
The 20 Series is an upgrade to the 10 Series announced last year. Coming with improved imaging and better battery life. Check out some of the device specifications below.
20 5G smartphone
- 6.67-inch Dotchdisplay FHD+ Display(1080×2400 resolution)
- 8nm octa-core Snapdragon 690 5G chipset, Qualcomm KryoTM 560 Octa-Core
- 6GB RAM / 256GB ROM / 128GB ROM (UFS2.1)
- 4500mAh battery
- 48MP, 8MP, 2MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
20 SE smartphone
- 6.82-inch V-notch display HD+ Display (720 x 1640 resolution)
- V notch display with 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Qualcomm KryoTM 240 Octa-Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 460
- 48MP/16MP, 5MP, 2MP rear camera, 13MP/8MP front camera
- 4GB RAM + 64GB (eMCP) / 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM (UFS2.1), Supports micro SD Card up to 256GB
- Smart Floating Window
- Qualcomm octa-core chipset
- 5000mAh battery
- reverse charging capability
TCL MOVEAUDIO S600 wireless earbuds
The MOVEAUDIO S600 boasts of crystal clear calls even on a crowded street with hybrid active noise cancelling. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. The in-ear wireless bud weighs just 55 grams and is IP54 dust and waterproof.
It has a smart wear detection feature that automatically plays
and pauses music when you put in or take out your earbuds. The MOVEAUDIO S600 will be available in global markets starting in February for 149€.
NXTPAPER provides a paper-like visual experience in
full high-definition resolution. The 8-inch FHD display, a reflective IPS screen is power efficient leading to better battery life. It packs a 5500mAh battery that should last a full days use.
- 64GB ROM + 4GB RAM
- Chipset MT8768E Octa-Core CPU 2.0GHz
- 8.88” IPS display, 1440 x 1080 pixels
- 8MP rear and 5MP interpolated to 13MP front cameras
- IP52 Water and dust resistance
The TCL NXTPAPER will be available in Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific for 349€ starting from April.
Check out other stories making the news across Africa and Middle East region.
- Microsoft appoints Salima Amira as Country Manager for Morocco
- Windows 11 leak shows the new Start menu
- Standard Bank partners with Microsoft to establish the African Digital Foundry
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies opens first Innovation and Digital Skills Centre in Mthatha, South Africa
- Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- itel ABLE 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- Microsoft announces winners of the Imagine Cup Junior AI for Good Challenge 2021
- What’s next for Xbox? Here is what is new and coming in the future to Gaming at Microsoft
- Future Ni Digital skills program kicks off in Kariobangi
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go and Galaxy Book Go 5G specs, price, availability date