Microsoft confirms the smallest Xbox console ever to be designed, the Xbox Series S in a twitter post. The next-generation powered gaming console will retail at $299.
The device will be coming to the South Africa market and will retail at R6 999 ($420). The Xbox Series X will also retail at R11 999 ($720).
Xbox Series S will be the cheaper option to the more powerful Xbox Series X. Both consoles are designed and powered with next-generation specs to make gameplay feel lifelike, immersive and responsive. As Microsoft puts it “where you [the gamer] are at the center of your gaming experience”.
A leaked commercial video of the console shared by WalkingCat on Twitter shows us more about the device. It shows the full design, hardware specifications and when to expect it.
The compact console will be vertical standing, white in colour with a black circular vent on the top or front case. It shows it has no disk drive. Is about 60% smaller in size than the Xbox Series X with frame rates of up to 120fps.
In terms of availability, both the Xbox Series X and S will be available from November 10, 2020. You can pre-order your devices starting September 22.
Tell us what you think, in terms of pricing and design.
Check out other stories making the news.
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance