Microsoft confirms the smallest Xbox console ever to be designed, the Xbox Series S in a twitter post. The next-generation powered gaming console will retail at $299.
The device will be coming to the South Africa market and will retail at R6 999 ($420). The Xbox Series X will also retail at R11 999 ($720).
Xbox Series S will be the cheaper option to the more powerful Xbox Series X. Both consoles are designed and powered with next-generation specs to make gameplay feel lifelike, immersive and responsive. As Microsoft puts it “where you [the gamer] are at the center of your gaming experience”.
A leaked commercial video of the console shared by WalkingCat on Twitter shows us more about the device. It shows the full design, hardware specifications and when to expect it.
The compact console will be vertical standing, white in colour with a black circular vent on the top or front case. It shows it has no disk drive. Is about 60% smaller in size than the Xbox Series X with frame rates of up to 120fps.
In terms of availability, both the Xbox Series X and S will be available from November 10, 2020. You can pre-order your devices starting September 22.
Tell us what you think, in terms of pricing and design.
Check out other stories making the news.
- First look and hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro and Galaxy Book Pro 360
- Microsoft brings three new Azure Specialization courses to Coursera
- Here is what you should know about Microsoft Build 2021 May digital event
- Team Bloom wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Canon selects 10 Mathare community students to study at KCA University
- New TECNO Spark 7P comes with 16MP AI triple camera
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers