South Africa-based Ukheshe, which came in second, provides a bridge between the card and the cash economy. It has created the world’s first card acceptance platform that allows unbanked merchants/traders to accept and make digital payments.
Third place, Growth Factor provides trade financing solutions designed for Micro-Small/Medium Entities (MSMEs) to encourage financial inclusion and growth. Its
Ade Ayeyemi, Ecobank Group CEO, congratulated the winners for their innovation and welcomed all the 2020 fellows. “The quality of the products and pitches we saw in the final this year
Winning the 2020 Ecobank Fintech Challenge
Dennis Asamoah Owusu, CEO, and Co-founder of Nokwary Technologies commented on his victory: “I was beyond excited. Our company is rather young and to be recognized like this on such a stage was really exciting as well as a validation for our focus on creating inclusive technology right from the start. It is also very encouraging to note that a major bank like Ecobank places such a premium on inclusion and is willing to back and promote innovative and cutting-edge technologies towards that purpose. We are looking to work together with Ecobank to bring an AI-first digital banking platform over WhatsApp, as well as other innovative solutions to Ecobank’s customers.”
This year’s Finalists made it through an extremely competitive pool of over 600 applicants across Africa, Europe, North America, and Asia. All ten (10) finalists have officially been inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, a one-year program that will give them the opportunity to explore opportunities for commercial partnerships with the Ecobank Group, and to possibly launch and scale products across Ecobank’s 33 country markets in the continent.
Check out other posts from MCGH.
- This 7-in-1 smart multi-plug outlet extender does it all
- Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Innovation Conference 2022
- My emotional attachment to Apple Watch Ultra
- The Beautiful link between Technology and Football
- Drop: a new way to send files, notes across mobile and PC devices
- Microsoft to train and support Moroccan student developers, startups, SMEs
- Microsoft hosts Startups Summit in Cape Town
- Microsoft trains Omani youth in cloud, data, and AI
- Have you tried Apple’s iPhone 14 satellite connectivity? It’s magical.
- Algiz 10XR, new ultra-rugged 10-inch Windows tablet