South Africa based Ukheshe, which came in second, provides a bridge between the card and the cash economy. It has created the world’s first card acceptance platform that allows unbanked merchants/traders to accept and make digital payments.
Third place, Growth Factor provides trade financing solutions designed for Micro-Small/Medium Entities (MSMEs) to encourage financial inclusion and growth. Its
Ade Ayeyemi, Ecobank Group CEO, congratulated the winners for their innovation and welcomed all the 2020 fellows. “The quality of the products and pitches we saw in the final this year
Winning the 2020 Ecobank Fintech Challenge
Dennis Asamoah Owusu, CEO and Cofounder of Nokwary Technologies commented on his victory: “I was beyond excited. Our company is rather young and to be recognized like this on such a stage was really exciting as well as a validation for our focus on creating inclusive technology right from the start. It is also very encouraging to note that a major bank like Ecobank places such a premium on inclusion and is willing to back and promote innovative and cutting-edge technologies towards that purpose. We are looking to work together with Ecobank to bring an AI-first digital banking platform over WhatsApp, as well as other innovative solutions to Ecobank’s customers.”
This year’s Finalists made it through an extremely competitive pool of over 600 applicants across Africa, Europe, North America and Asia. All ten (10) finalists have officially been inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, a one-year program which will give them the opportunity to explore opportunities for commercial partnerships with the Ecobank Group, and to possibly launch and scale products across Ecobank’s 33 country markets in the continent.
Check out other posts from MCGH.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills