Central University of Technology, South Africa, is introducing an Artificial Intelligence university programme powered by Microsoft.
To firstly skill employees with the in-demand skill and secondly address the demand for the skill in the province and South Africa in general.
The Artificial Intelligence university programme is developed by Microsoft and will be delivered by Microsoft Partner Gijima. The initiative is also in partnership with the Free State Provincial Government.
It will comprise of a 12-month blended learning model of self-study, online learning, classroom instructor-led training and a flipped classroom.
The program will include; Mentorship and coaching by industry experts, Business skills, Microsoft Azure AI Associate Certification, Flipped Classroom, Guest Lecturers, Career days, Examination and Certification.
The program is designed to pass on skills employers value and need. By teaching graduates with limited or no work experience to explore, transform, model, and visualise data. As well as to create the next generation of intelligent solutions.
The collaborative nature of the Artificial Intelligence university Programme will unlock the value of AI and the role it will play in workplaces of the future says Microsoft South Africa Managing Director, Lillian Barnard.
By bringing together private and public sector partners, students, facilitators, mentors, coaches, and industry experts, the programme will enable the development of critical AI skills that will help our young people become more work-readyLillian Barnard
and employable, as well as help organizations,adapt to the ever-changing demands of the world of work.
The training and certification program started on the 3rd of July 2020 with the Innovation Services of CUT (CUTis) and the Free State Provincial Government. The program will become available to the general public for enrolment from 2021.
Check out other stories from across the Africa and Middle East region.
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance
Featured image by: istockphoto.com