Renown software engineer Edem Kumodzi, announces new move in a tweet. Sharing “Next Chapter: 😊😊😊 #MicrosoftLife“. Edem will start a new role as Program Manager at global tech giant Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. Working with Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices engineering group, led by Executive Vice President Rajesh Jha.
Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices division was announced by CEO Satya Nadella in a restructure. To “instill a unifying product ethos across our[Microsoft] end-user experiences and devices“. This team comprises of Microsoft hardware[Surface, Xbox, HoloLens, etc.], Windows client, New Experiences and Technology, Enterprise Mobility and Management, and Office Product Group.
News of Edem’s new role comes with great cheer from people in the technology ecosystem not only in Ghana but across Africa. He is
passionate about encouraging and helping young software engineers grow and build amazing products. Supporting various developer communities across Africa. He also is a Google Developers Launchpad mentor.
Prior to his new role at Microsoft, Edem Kumodzi has served in various roles in the past. These include Director of Technology at Africa Foresight, Senior Consultant at Andela, Consultant at Thought Works and Senior Software Engineer at Ringier AG.
Check out recent stories from MCGH
- Microsoft announces USD 2 million investment for smallholder farmers in South Africa
- Watch Samsung Galaxy Unpacked August 2020 livestream
- African Library Project, Microsoft present Hack for Africa Challenge
- Central University of Technology introduces Artificial Intelligence university programme in partnership with Microsoft, Free State Government, Gijima
- Project RemD wins Microsoft Game of Learners virtual hackathon
- Microsoft announces new Africa Research Institute to improve productivity in work, health, society
- Microsoft Africa Development Center software engineers celebrate one year of working for the company
- Benefits of using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Genesys partners with Microsoft to help enterprise contact centres improve employee and customer experiences
- Prepostseo announces Microsoft add-on after a successful launch of its chrome extension