Renown software engineer Edem Kumodzi, announces new move in a tweet. Sharing “Next Chapter: 😊😊😊 #MicrosoftLife“. Edem will start a new role as Program Manager at global tech giant Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. Working with Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices engineering group, led by Executive Vice President Rajesh Jha.
Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices division was announced by CEO Satya Nadella in a restructure. To “instill a unifying product ethos across our[Microsoft] end-user experiences and devices“. This team comprises of Microsoft hardware[Surface, Xbox, HoloLens, etc.], Windows client, New Experiences and Technology, Enterprise Mobility and Management, and Office Product Group.
News of Edem’s new role comes with great cheer from people in the technology ecosystem not only in Ghana but across Africa. He is
passionate about encouraging and helping young software engineers grow and build amazing products. Supporting various developer communities across Africa. He also is a Google Developers Launchpad mentor.
Prior to his new role at Microsoft, Edem Kumodzi has served in various roles in the past. These include Director of Technology at Africa Foresight, Senior Consultant at Andela, Consultant at Thought Works and Senior Software Engineer at Ringier AG.
Check out recent stories from MCGH
- Here is everything HUAWEI announced at the P40 series online global launch event
- This is the easiest way to send money from your PayPal account to your M-PESA wallet
- Windows 10 devices finally hit 1 billion target
- Microsoft announces Surface Business Group Director MEA, Mirna Arif, as new Country Manager in Egypt
- Examining forex as an alternative to cryptocurrency investment
- MALFC, Microsft collaborate to achieve 100% food and nutrition security in Kenya
- Microsoft Internship positions across Africa: Angola, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Botswana
- Africa teams qualify for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship in Seattle
- Developers in Vogue co-founder Ivy Barley, joins Microsoft
- WorldRemit announces new flat fee on mobile money transfer to Kenya