Renown software engineer Edem Kumodzi, announces new move in a tweet. Sharing “Next Chapter: ??? #MicrosoftLife“. Edem will start a new role as Program Manager at global tech giant Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. Working with Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices engineering group, led by Executive Vice President Rajesh Jha.
Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices division was announced by CEO Satya Nadella in a restructure. To “instill a unifying product ethos across our[Microsoft] end-user experiences and devices“. This team comprises of Microsoft hardware[Surface, Xbox, HoloLens, etc.], Windows client, New Experiences and Technology, Enterprise Mobility and Management, and Office Product Group.
News of Edem’s new role comes with great cheer from people in the technology ecosystem not only in Ghana but across Africa. He is
passionate about encouraging and helping young software engineers grow and build amazing products. Supporting various developer communities across Africa. He also is a Google Developers Launchpad mentor.
Prior to his new role at Microsoft, Edem Kumodzi has served in various roles in the past. These include Director of Technology at Africa Foresight, Senior Consultant at Andela, Consultant at Thought Works and Senior Software Engineer at Ringier AG.
Check out recent stories from MCGH
- 1150 students participate in UmojaHack Africa 2021 ML hackathon
- Microsoft is inviting female software engineers in Nigeria and Ghana to participate in a SE skills workshop
- 60 students across Nigeria and Kenya participate in Microsoft Hackathon
- Zimbabwean company gets Microsoft OEM certification, produces Infinity laptop and desktop computers
- Nigerian tech startup develops online meeting solution
- 1.1M Africans acquire digital skills during COVID-19
- Kenya student team qualifies for Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless Headphones for Xbox, price and specs
- 30 million learners participate in the free Microsoft digital skills initiative
- Accelerex to launch RexPay and RexRetail in Q2 of 2021