Renown software engineer Edem Kumodzi, announces new move in a tweet. Sharing “Next Chapter: 😊😊😊 #MicrosoftLife“. Edem will start a new role as Program Manager at global tech giant Microsoft in Redmond, Washington. Working with Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices engineering group, led by Executive Vice President Rajesh Jha.
Microsoft’s Experiences and Devices division was announced by CEO Satya Nadella in a restructure. To “instill a unifying product ethos across our[Microsoft] end-user experiences and devices“. This team comprises of Microsoft hardware[Surface, Xbox, HoloLens, etc.], Windows client, New Experiences and Technology, Enterprise Mobility and Management, and Office Product Group.
News of Edem’s new role comes with great cheer from people in the technology ecosystem not only in Ghana but across Africa. He is
passionate about encouraging and helping young software engineers grow and build amazing products. Supporting various developer communities across Africa. He also is a Google Developers Launchpad mentor.
Prior to his new role at Microsoft, Edem Kumodzi has served in various roles in the past. These include Director of Technology at Africa Foresight, Senior Consultant at Andela, Consultant at Thought Works and Senior Software Engineer at Ringier AG.
Check out recent stories from MCGH
- Windows 10 version 20H2, October 2020 feature update is now rolling out
- Grow and manage your online business with this amazing all-in-one software
- Uber to host Tech For Safety Summit 2020 on safety, technology, innovation in Africa
- TD Tech Experience Centre to host Microsoft technology envisioning sessions
- New head for Microsoft 4Afrika graduates and IT pros skills program
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies appoints new CEO of South Africa operations
- What is it like being a Microsoft software engineer in Africa? Find out amazing experiences, products they are building
- Amazon announces launch Of New CloudFront Edge Location in Kenya
- Huawei brings seamless, contactless payments to 20 African countries in new partnership with Mondia Pay
- New Safaricom app brings security, better UI, more user control