The second cohort of the Microsoft LEAP Apprenticeship program gets underway in Nigeria. With ten ladies from across Nigeria selected for the second edition of the program. The initiative is to increases diversity by training more women into software engineering roles.
The ladies will undergo four weeks of classroom and labs training in Software engineering. Followed by twelve weeks of hands-on project sessions with Microsoft Partner Wragby Technologies. Where they will work with mentors on projects.
Leaders of Microsoft Nigeria, African Development Center (ADC) and Wragby Business Solutions & Technologies Limited welcomed the ladies into the program.
Hear what some of the participants had to say.
Microsoft notes, ladies from the Microsoft LEAP Apprenticeship program first cohort have completed their training and are all full-time employees at Tek Expert.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price