The second cohort of the Microsoft LEAP Apprenticeship program gets underway in Nigeria. With ten ladies from across Nigeria selected for the second edition of the program. The initiative is to increases diversity by training more women into software engineering roles.
The ladies will undergo four weeks of classroom and labs training in Software engineering. Followed by twelve weeks of hands-on project sessions with Microsoft Partner Wragby Technologies. Where they will work with mentors on projects.
Leaders of Microsoft Nigeria, African Development Center (ADC) and Wragby Business Solutions & Technologies Limited welcomed the ladies into the program.
Hear what some of the participants had to say.
Microsoft notes, ladies from the Microsoft LEAP Apprenticeship program first cohort have completed their training and are all full-time employees at Tek Expert.
- Win $4000 in the Remote Resilience online hackathon
- Free Microsoft Azure courseware to upskill during COVID-19
- Seamlessly create and join professional events with LinkedIn events
- Jaime Galviz, Microsoft Middle East and Africa, Director of Operations and Marketing appointed General Manager in Colombia
- The role of cloud-based Human Capital Management in the new world of work
- JKUAT’s Team ‘Knights’ makes it to top six in Microsoft imagine cup, win 16,000 USD
- Build 2020: Microsoft launches Power Africa Tech Community
- Watch Microsoft Build 2020 Vision Keynote and Imagine Cup World Championship live #MSBuild
- Andela, Microsoft launch ALCwithMicrosoft Azure Training Program