Microsoft recognizes technology experts who passionately share their knowledge with their community by honoring them with the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award. One such outstanding community leader is Abou Conde.
Abou Conde, Ghana’s first MVP
Abou becomes the first recipient of the prestigious Microsoft MVP award in Ghana. He has been awarded Microsoft MVP in the Azure category for 2020-2021. This makes him the first Azure MVP in West Africa. He joins four other MVP award winners in the Azure category in Africa. Three are located in South Africa and one in Egypt.
Microsoft MVP Africa outlook
There are currently thirty two Microsoft MVP recipients in Africa. 17 are located in South Africa, 3 each in Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria. Senegal, Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana each have 1 MVP. The majority of MVPs in Africa are awarded in the developer technologies, Office Apps & Services and Data Platform categories. Africa is yet to get an MVP in the Office Development, Artificial Intelligence and Windows & Devices for IT categories.
Abou notes that growing up there were no communities, expertise and mentorship to look up to. People usually had to find answers from communities and people online. He felt inspired to change this and help the local community in Ghana.
Our co-founder and editor, Christopher Bennett spoke with Abou Conde about winning the MVP award and Microsoft User Group Ghana community. Watch the conversation below.
Abou Conde currently works at Global Information Technology Solutions (GITS). Specializing in both on-premise and cloud enterprise architecture. He is also an ambassador for the aOS community.
- Data Analyst, Microsoft Leap program cohort is launching in Lagos
- ASUS introduces new laptops at CES 2021 Be Ahead event
- TCL announces new 5G mobile, tablet, wearable devices at CES 2021 Experience More event
- World’s first Artificial Intelligence university welcomes first students
- A self-caring planting system controlled by AI, New Garden
- Nigeria FG, Microsoft to make Nigeria’s tech space most viable in Africa
- The “coolest” new computer device, meet Raspberry Pi-powered robotics kit, pi-top 
- Blue Prism brings enterprise-grade intelligent robotic process automation to Azure
- This computer vision innovation will make it easy to make M-PESA business payments
- Tech4Dev, Microsoft empower women in Nigeria with tech skills