Uber is announcing the second edition of its Tech For Safety Summit for Sub-Saharan Africa. Scheduled to be held virtually on the 22 October 2020.
The event will foster conversations around safety challenges and how technology can be used to build safer communities.
Like last years’ Uber says the conversation will be around our daily safety concerns. Also noting that it will be “bigger, better and built with you in mind.”
We’re excited to again bring safety, technology and innovation to the forefront. … Bigger, better and built with you in mind, the summit plans to tackle some of Africa’s most pressing safety-related concerns. Which has been further complicated and exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The safety of people across Africa is a priority that must be acted upon immediately in order to afford citizens the opportunity to enjoy their community and their country. The summit aims to redirect the constant ‘looking over our shoulders’ as we set our sights on a future that is safe, and attainable.
The event will also see startups pitch their “tech for safety” ideas live to a panel of judges and potential investors.
Click to register to be part of the event. Use the hashtag #Tech4Safety to be part of the Tech for Safety Summit conversation.
Checkout other stories from the ecosystem in Africa.
- YouTube wouldn’t build an app for the Apple Vision Pro, so Someone did! Introducing Juno
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Get to know Norton Genie app?
- Microsoft Copilot on iOS and Android get upgrade
- Microsoft’s new OneDrive design is out now!
- Sudo command comes to Windows 11
- Google has announced that its first cloud region in Africa is now open for business.
- Apple Vision Pro Review
- Apple’s first-party Podcasts app
- What is Amazon presents Diffuse to Choose?