Cannon is announcing the PowerShot V10 lightweight and easy-to-use vlogging camera for lifestyle and travel content creators. The all-in-one solution weighs 211g, offers 4K UHD movie recording, a high-quality microphone, built-in stand and 14 unique colour filters. The Canon vlogging camera targets those who want to take friends and followers along on their adventures, without having to carry a lot of equipment.
The PowerShot V10 features a sturdy vertical body design and can fit into a pocket. It promises compelling content thanks to a shake-free 4K UHD movie recording and professional looking background blur. The Canon PowerShot V10 features a large 1-inch CMOS sensor capable of delivering stunning 4K video quality, while also offering stills shooting capabilities. For added cinematic atmosphere, creators can quickly switch up the ambiance using any of the 14 included colour filter effects and Smooth Skin mode.
The Movie Digital IS mode is ideal for handheld videography as it helps with avoiding camera shake, offering sharper, cleaner footage with more detail and clarity. Matching the broad capabilities of various social media platforms, the PowerShot V10 can shoot in both orientations and record up to an hour of continuous video.
Its auto level feature can help keep your video straight and avoid slanted clips, reducing time needed to edit your content. High-quality sound to make your message clear Perfect for any outdoor or urban environment, the PowerShot V10 is equipped with two large stereo microphones designed for narration and a third audio noise reduction microphone.
Canon PowerShot V10 specifications
- Compact and lightweight vertical body
- Wide angle lens focal length 6.6mm (35mm equivalent focal lengths are 18mm in stills and 19mm in video mode), f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Movie recording in 4K UHD at 29.97/25.00 fps and Full HD at 59.94/50.00 fps
- Face-tracking AF
- Smooth Skin movie shooting mode
- Large stereo microphone
- Tilt-up screen
- Built-in stand (easy tilt adjustment up to 30 degrees)
- 14 colour filters
- JPG still image shooting, equivalent to Scene Intelligent Auto
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Webcam [UVC/UAC]
On top of the built-in wind filter, an optional windshield can be purchased as part of the advanced accessories kit, further improving sound quality in outdoor conditions. Designed to capture all aspects of your life Housed in a vertical body and designed with simplicity in mind, the PowerShot V10 can be operated almost completely single-handedly. Equipped with a 2.0-inch LCD touchscreen which you can flip to the front, perfect for self-vlogging or recording others, it lends itself to handheld shooting, allowing you to easily capture emotions and create that intimacy between you and your viewers.
The built-in stand gives you the option to record more free-standing content like cooking tutorials, hauls or popular formats like ‘Get Ready With Me’, ‘Unboxing’, ‘AMA’ or listicle videos.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
Check out other Microsoft stories making the news across Africa and the Middle East region.
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence
- The ROG Ally: A Next-Gen handheld gaming machine
- New AI solutions and improvements to Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
- PowerShot V10, Canon introduces lightweight and easy-to-use vlogging camera
- Cross-border payments in Africa, the state in 2023
- LG gram SuperSlim: The Thinnest LG gram Ever
- Young African Leaders Initiative and Microsoft Africa Development Centre partner to improve youth digital skills
- Microsoft to host maiden Xbox Game Studios Game Camp in Africa
- Here are simple ways to fix Windows 11 problems