In this article, we will explore the average React developer salary and the factors that can affect that number, such as industry and country.
React JS Developer Salary By Industry
React JS salary expectations can vary dramatically per industry. Some popular industries include:
- Software Development: The software development industry is one of the largest employers of React developers, and salaries in this industry can vary widely depending on the company, location, and job role. The average React engineer salary for someone working in software development is around $80,000 and $140,000 per year, with senior developers earning even higher salaries.
- E-commerce: React developers working in the e-commerce industry can expect to earn similar salaries to those working in software development, with an average React salary range of $80,000 to $140,000 per year.
- Financial Services: React developers working in the financial services industry can expect to earn slightly higher salaries compared to those in software development and e-commerce. The average React programmer’s salary is around $90,000 to $150,000 per year.
- Healthcare: React developers working in the healthcare industry can expect to earn similar salaries to those in software development and e-commerce, with an average salary range of $75,000 to $130,000 per year.
It’s critical to note that you need to consider the education, location, and experience of a developer before determining what the rate should be.
The Average React JS Salary by Country
Developer salaries will fluctuate based on their location. The United States is one of the most significant employers of React developers, and salaries in this country can vary widely depending on the state and city. On average, React developers in the United States and in neighboring Canada can expect to earn between $80,000 and $150,000 per year. The exact salary will depend on the city and job role.
React developers in the United Kingdom can expect to earn slightly lower salaries compared to those in the United States and Canada, with an average salary range of $60,000 to $120,000 per year.
Developers in China, India, and Eastern Europe with the same skills as these developers can earn around $20,000 to $40,000 per year for the same work, mainly due to the local economy and favorable exchange rates. These countries often offer tax benefits to tech employers who want to set up development hubs in their country, which means businesses can afford to pay a little more.
Factors that Affect React Developer Salary
We’ve already mentioned that there are factors that will affect the average rate your developer should be paid.
Experience is one of the biggest factors that affect the salary of a React developer. The more experience a developer has, the higher their salary is likely to be because they are able to take on more complex projects and will likely have project and team management experience.
Location is another important factor that affects the salary of a React developer. Developers in cities with a high cost of living, such as San Francisco, London, or New York, can expect to earn higher salaries than those in smaller cities. (This is starting to change as more workers work remotely).
The size of the company will also affect the salary of a React developer. Large companies with a high revenue typically offer higher salaries compared to small startups, while small startups may offer equity or other perks to attract candidates.
Having additional skills and certifications, such as experience with other frameworks or certifications in React, can also increase a React developer’s salary. Most developers don’t strictly require a degree, but that will always push up their rates.
Finally, it’s also essential to consider the skills gap and demand for workers.
If the demand for React developers is high, salaries are likely to be higher. Conversely, if the demand for React developers is low, salaries are likely to be lower.
The average React JS developer’s salary may vary based on a number of factors, but companies can always find developers with more affordable rates by offshoring their work to other countries.
- Stay on Track: Top Calendar Apps for Schools and Colleges
- The History of Apple iPhone
- What are the benefits of using SharePoint?
- The beauty of AirPods Pro, 2nd Generation.
- What is Apple Vision Pro
- 3 impressive Ways AI is Improving Customer Loyalty
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence