GITEX Global 2022 took place in Dubai and Microsoft participated in the annual technology exhibition. As a Silver Sponsor and a founding partner to DEVSLAM the newly introduced meetup community for coding developers. Highlighting solutions across tourism, fintech, retail, education, cybersecurity, and smart cities alongside its partners.
Microsoft showed participants what the future of mixed reality will look like under the theme “Believe the hype, it’s real”. This year at Microsoft’s GITEX 2022 hub, it hosted 26 partners to jointly showcase the latest Microsoft and Microsoft partner innovations and products.
For its flagship showcase, Microsoft partnered with Kagool to introduce a new use case for its HoloLens 2 device, which utilizes advanced Metaverse technologies to create a unique experience for tourists, allowing visitors to experience Dubai attractions virtually using Microsoft AI capabilities.
“GITEX remains the preeminent technology showcase in the region,” said Naim Yazbeck, General Manager, Microsoft UAE. “It is here that we predict and project. It is here that we showcase the new, whether it be a product, a service, or an opportunity. Microsoft has been the UAE’s partner on this journey for more than three decades and our involvement in GITEX Global 2022 will see our biggest presence yet as we look ahead towards a digital, connected future.”
Throughout the exhibition, Microsoft shared its thoughts on Web 3.0 and the role metaverse technologies, including the recently launched HoloLens 2 device, Mesh, and Teams, will play in the future of hybrid work. Microsoft also took a deep dive into cybersecurity and what it means in the multi-cloud era, covering the latest developments in the threat landscape and the implications of the multi-cloud reality for issues such as identity and data protection.
Microsoft speakers featured at AI Everything to explain the existing trends driving culture changes across the region in preparation for low code, no code, and the integration of smart solutions. At DevSlam, experts conducted a full-day Hackathon on day one of the exhibition and delivered a three-day certified coding masterclass.
At the Fintech Summit, Microsoft explored the challenges faced by start-ups in that space and how digital experiences have evolved in the FSI sector. Microsoft’s education experts also addressed the sector’s stakeholders on how distance learning will continue to take shape.
The next GITEX Global event will take place from the 16th to the 20th of October 2023 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March
- Microsoft launches technical skill-enhancement program for university lecturers.
- Students from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa qualify for the 2023 Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- TECNO MegaBook S1 2023, device specifications and price
- Microsoft and OpenAI: A Winning Combination for AI Era?
- Everyone thinks Microsoft + OpenAI will beat Google in the AI Battle, will that happen?