Samsung introduces its fourth generation Galaxy Z series foldable smartphones with the announcement of the Galaxy Z Flip4 and Galaxy Z Fold4. According to Samsung both devices feature customisable form factors, tailored experiences, and upgraded performance.
The new device boasts of an upgraded camera equipped with a 65 percent brighter sensor that improves low-light images. It is powered by a 4nm Octa-Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform Processor and is available in 128, 256 and 512GB storage options. It also features an expanded 3,700mAh battery that charges up to 50 percent in 30 minutes with Super-Fast Charging.
Pre-order for the Z Flip4 begins on August 11 and will officially be avilable on August 26th. Retail price starts at USD 999.99 globally. Across Africa it sells at Ksh 142,999 in Kenya, R21 999 in south Africa. The device comes in Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold and Blue colours.
Samsung says users can fully customise the Z Flip4 inside and out with Galaxy Themes on both Cover and Main Screen to complement their style with custom fonts, icons and designs. They can also create their own Cover Screen with new clock designs and backgrounds in various formats such as images, GIFs and even video.
The Galaxy Z Flip4’s compact clamshell design allows you to shoot hands-free video or capture full group selfies at various angles. This is by partially folding the phone to activate FlexCam, a new feature in partnership with Meta. FlexCam is optimised to work with popular social platforms, including Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook.
Galaxy Z Flip4 specifications
|Main Screen||6.7-inch FHD+, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Infinity Flex Display (2640 x 1080, 22:9), |
120Hz adaptive refresh rate (1~120Hz)
|Cover Screen||1.9-inch Super AMOLED Display (260 x 512)|
|Folded||71.9 x 84.9 x 17.1mm (Hinge) – 15.9mm|
|Unfolded||71.9 x 165.2 x 6.9mm|
|Front Camera||10MP Selfie Camera|
F2.4, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
|Rear Dual Camera||12MP Ultra Wide Camera (F2.2, Pixel size: 1.12μm, FOV: 123˚) |
12MP Wide-angle Camera (Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.8, Pixel size: 1.8μm, FOV: 83˚)
|Processor||4nm Octa-Core Processor 3.1GHz (Maximum Clock Speed) + 2.7GHz + 2.0GHz|
|Storage||8GB RAM with 128, 256, 512GB internal storage (UFS 3.1)|
|OS||Android 12, One UI 4.1.1|
|Battery||3,700 mAh (typical) dual battery,|
|Network||5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth v5.2|
|Colour||Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold, Blue|
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
- Discover the exciting new features of iOS 17
- 10 new things announced at WWDC 2023 for developers
- Kenya team wins Microsoft Imagine Cup World Championship
- IT teams at risk of being caught unawares by new OT threat, according to Microsoft’s latest threat intelligence
- The ROG Ally: A Next-Gen handheld gaming machine
- New AI solutions and improvements to Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
- PowerShot V10, Canon introduces lightweight and easy-to-use vlogging camera
- Cross-border payments in Africa, the state in 2023
- LG gram SuperSlim: The Thinnest LG gram Ever
- Young African Leaders Initiative and Microsoft Africa Development Centre partner to improve youth digital skills
One thought on “Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, upgraded camera, larger battery and expanded customisation”