itel is introducing its latest entry-level and budget-friendly smartphone the A58 series. The device targets new smartphone users with a bigger screen, bigger battery and fashionable device at a cheaper price. itel is also partnering with local telcos to provide buyers of the phone with data bundles for a period.
The A58 series comes in a plastic body with three different colours to choose from. It has a 6.6-inch HD display with a 90% screen to body ratio to give you more viewing content. itel says it has a 2.5D curved edge screen design that makes viewing content on the device more immersive. The 4000mAh battery size promises to last you through a day and 27 hours of call time and 15 hours of video play. itel says its AI power master technology will give a user an extra 2 hours in power saving mode and up to 10 days in ultra power-saving mode.
The itel A58 series phones are resistant to ordinary drops, dust and moisture-proof and can handle extreme temperatures.
The main difference between the A58 and A58 Pro we know of is that the Pro version has 2GB RAM and 32GB storage compared to 1GB and 16GB in the A58. The chipsets used in the device also seem to vary across each market.
In Ghana, it starts selling at GHS 474, Ksh 8,650 in Kenya, NGN 40,000 in Nigeria, 80,000Rwf in Rwanda and UGX 275,000 in Uganda.
itel A58 and A58 Pro specifications
|Dimensions||165.4 x 76 x 9.6 mm, Weight: 170 g|
|Display||6.6″ (1612 x 720) HD+ IPS LCD, Waterdrop Full Screen display|
|Processor||Quad-Core 1.3GHz Cortex-A7, |
UNISOC SC7731E, MediaTek MT6580A
|GPU||Mali-400MP2 / Mali T820 MP1|
|Storage||16/32GB, microSD up to 64GB|
|Operating System||Android 11 (Go edition)|
|Color||Sky Cyan, Starry Black, Dreamy Purple|
|Camera||Rear: Dual Camera (5MP+QVGA)|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh, 5V 1A|
|Wireless Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/, Bluetooth 4.2|
|Price||GHS 474, NGN 40,000, KES 8,650, UGX 275,000, USD 67, EUR 59, 80,000Rwf|
Watch the device launch event by itel and MTN Uganda below.
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters
- Microsoft’s new cloud datacenter region in Qatar finally goes live