Telefónica is announcing the expansion of its global strategic relationship with Microsoft. It will focus on accelerating the creation of joint initiatives in the consumer market. By bringing solutions in areas such as gaming, connectivity, communications, secure access to data and new Living Apps to existing and new markets.
The company is looking to expand services for corporate and consumers with the new partnership. Chema Alonso, Chief Digital Officer at Telefónica made the announcement at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2022 taking place in Barcelona.
“We celebrate reaching a new level of collaboration in our strategic relationship with Microsoft to generate new opportunities and expand existing ones in the consumer, digital home and innovation space”.Chema Alonso
Last year, it launched Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and the commercialization of Xbox consoles in Spain. It will be looking at bringing this service to other markets where it operates. Telefónica is looking to offer a monthly subscription of Microsoft 365 in markets where it has a presence. It also plans to bring access to select LinkedIn Learning content to its Movistar Plus+ television platform. Users will be able to connect to video conferences and make calls through Microsoft Teams using Movistar Home. Finally, Telefónica will run joint commercial and marketing initiatives on Surface devices in Telefónica’s markets in Europe.
The Chairman of Telefónica and GSMA, José María Álvarez-Pallete, notes the company has achieved important milestones in its collaboration with Microsoft. And is looking forward to working on new services based on their state of the art connectivity and the transformative power of AI.
- AFS launches Accelerator, Exchange Scholarships for Girls in STEM Worldwide
- Iristick brings remote assistance and collaboration to its smart glasses with Microsoft Teams
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Upcoming releases – Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- University of Nairobi student team wins Equity Hackathon
- Dynabook Portégé X40-K laptop, lightweight, powerful and secure
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- 21 startups qualify for Microsoft MEA GrowthX Accelerator program
- What specifications should you care about in a gaming laptop?
- Tizeti, Microsoft bring affordable high-speed internet to Oyo State