Telefónica is announcing the expansion of its global strategic relationship with Microsoft. It will focus on accelerating the creation of joint initiatives in the consumer market. By bringing solutions in areas such as gaming, connectivity, communications, secure access to data and new Living Apps to existing and new markets.
The company is looking to expand services for corporate and consumers with the new partnership. Chema Alonso, Chief Digital Officer at Telefónica made the announcement at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2022 taking place in Barcelona.
“We celebrate reaching a new level of collaboration in our strategic relationship with Microsoft to generate new opportunities and expand existing ones in the consumer, digital home and innovation space”.Chema Alonso
Last year, it launched Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and the commercialization of Xbox consoles in Spain. It will be looking at bringing this service to other markets where it operates. Telefónica is looking to offer a monthly subscription of Microsoft 365 in markets where it has a presence. It also plans to bring access to select LinkedIn Learning content to its Movistar Plus+ television platform. Users will be able to connect to video conferences and make calls through Microsoft Teams using Movistar Home. Finally, Telefónica will run joint commercial and marketing initiatives on Surface devices in Telefónica’s markets in Europe.
The Chairman of Telefónica and GSMA, José María Álvarez-Pallete, notes the company has achieved important milestones in its collaboration with Microsoft. And is looking forward to working on new services based on their state of the art connectivity and the transformative power of AI.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos and news in the ecosystem.
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March
- Microsoft launches technical skill-enhancement program for university lecturers.
- Students from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa qualify for the 2023 Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- TECNO MegaBook S1 2023, device specifications and price
- Microsoft and OpenAI: A Winning Combination for AI Era?
- Everyone thinks Microsoft + OpenAI will beat Google in the AI Battle, will that happen?