OPPO unveils Find N foldable smartphone and Air Glass an assisted reality (aR) device at INNO Day 2021 event. The company introduces its first foldable smartphone as it attempts to solve the main pain points in previous foldable smartphones. Focusing on making a beautiful device that is useful and easy to use. Also introducing the OPPO Air Glass which features a monocle waveguide design and feels light like a regular spectacle.
The OPPO Find N comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with up to 12GB RAM and 512GB storage. It includes a 50 MP Sony IMX 766 main sensor, a 16 MP ultra-wide lens and a 13 MP telephoto lens triple-camera setup. Along with a 4,500mAh battery that supports reverse wireless charging.
The OPPO Find N will retail at RMB 7,699, USD 1200, EUR 1099 and be available in China starting from December 23, 2021. There is no date yet on when it will be available in global markets. But is expected to come to Africa and Middle East markets like Kenya, South Africa, UAE, Egypt and Nigeria.
OPPO Find N device specifications
|Dimensions||Folded: 132.6 x 73 x 15.9 mm|
Unfolded: 132.6 x 140.2 x 8.0 mm
|Display||Inner display: 7.1″ AMOLED WUSXGA 1792 x 1920 pixels, 370 ppi, 120Hz, 1000 nits|
Outer display: 5.49″ FHD 1972 x 988 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, 60Hz, 402 ppi
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) |
Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
|GPU||Adreno 660 @840MHz|
|Memory||8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM|
|Storage||256/512GB UFS 3.1|
|Operating System||Android 11|
Triple 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
32 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh, 15W AIRVOOC wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging|
|Wireless Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE|
|Price||RMB 7,699, USD 1200, EUR 1099|
OPPO Air Glass
The Air Glass is equipped with OPPO’s self-developed Spark Micro Projector, Micro LED, and a diffraction optical waveguide display. It supports four different user interactions through touch, voice, head movement, and hand motion. The Air Glass weighs about 30g and provides features such as navigation, teleprompter and intelligent voice-to-live text translation.
OPPO plans to launch Air Glass in Q1 of 2022 in the Chinese Mainland market. There is no information yet on pricing but the company says it will be within the reach of consumers. The assisted reality device will be available in two colors Black or White, along with two custom frame accessories.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- AFS launches Accelerator, Exchange Scholarships for Girls in STEM Worldwide
- Iristick brings remote assistance and collaboration to its smart glasses with Microsoft Teams
- I’ve always wanted to improve as a developer, when I heard that Microsoft had come, I knew this was my chance
- Upcoming releases – Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: here is how to watch
- University of Nairobi student team wins Equity Hackathon
- Dynabook Portégé X40-K laptop, lightweight, powerful and secure
- Kenya students win 2022 Microsoft Imagine Cup EMEA regional competition
- 21 startups qualify for Microsoft MEA GrowthX Accelerator program
- What specifications should you care about in a gaming laptop?
- Tizeti, Microsoft bring affordable high-speed internet to Oyo State