The Microsoft AI for Accessibility program is calling for project proposals that advance access to assistive technology for people with disabilities, especially in low- and middle-income communities.
Microsoft says the use of artificial intelligence (AI) is optional for project submissions in this round. The company also urges Universities, non-profits, for-profit companies, startups, and other organizations to apply.
In this Request for Proposals (RFP) Microsoft is prioritizing scalable solutions in three categories. These are Access to affordable devices, Relevant and localized software and Awareness, upskilling and community.
The RFP is open to applicants from any country or region. This round will focus on innovations that empower people with disabilities outside of the US.
The deadline to submit the Microsoft AI for Accessibility Grant application is 11:59 PM PST on January 12, 2022 (7:59 AM GMT on January 13 2022). Selected finalists will be invited to pitch to a review panel in February and award decisions will be finalized in March.
Click to visit the online application page for more details including the grant selection process and criteria.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- TECNO Camon 18 series, price and device specifications
- Resume writing tips and advice to make you
- Mini IT8, GEEKOM launches mini PC with Windows 11
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies targets African businesses with affordable Microsoft Teams Essential
- Microsoft AI for Accessibility low-cost Assistive Technology grant, Request for Proposals
- HUAWEI MateBook E (2022), specs, price, availability date
- Meet the winners of the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Online Championship
- ETIHAD to achieve net-zero sustainability goals with Microsoft tech
- Here is how to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp
- Microsoft Student Summit Africa 2021 set for 1-3 December