HUAWEI is announcing the latest model of the MateBook series, the HUAWEI MateBook E (2022) notebook. The company introduced the device alongside the HUAWEI WatchGT Runner, VR Glass 6DoF, FreeBuds Lipstick and MateStation X desktop PC at a recent event in China. The new MateBook E comes in an ultra-slim 2-in-1 notebook design weighing 709 grams (1.1kg with the keyboard).
It comes with a 12.6″ OLED display that has an aspect ratio of 16:10, 2560×1600 resolution and brightness of up to 600 nits. It spots thin bezels and Huawei says the device has a screen to body ratio of 90%. The MateBook E is powered by Windows 11, an 11th generation Intel core processor and Intel Iris Xe Graphics. You can choose from either an i5 or i7 Tiger Lake-U processor and up to 16GB of RAM.
It has a 65W portable charger that gives you up to 54% battery life after 30 minutes of charging. The company says you should get a full charge after 100 minutes and up to eight hours of battery life usage.
The new Matebook comes bundled with either a Huawei Smart Magnetic or Slide Keyboard and 2nd generation HUAWEI M-Pencil stylus. The least configuration starts at CNY 5,999 ($940), whilst the highest retails at CNY 8,699 ($1,365). It is expected to start selling in China from December 1st but no word yet on when it’ll be global.
HUAWEI MateBook E 2022 Specifications
|Dimensions||286.5 mm x 184.7 mm x 7.99 mm|
|Weight||709 g (without keyboard), 1.1kg|
|OS||Windows 11 Home|
|Display||12.6″ AMOLED (2560 x 1600), 16:10 screen scale, 240 PPI, 400 – 600 nits|
|CPU||11th Generation Intel ® Core ™ i5-1130G7 Processor|
11th Generation Intel ® Core ™ i7-1160G7 Processor
|Graphics||Intel® Iris® X and Graphics|
|Connectivity||WiFi 6, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.1|
|Color||Nebula ash, Interstella blue|
|Memory||8 GB LPDDR4x |
16 GB LPDDR4x
|Storage||256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD|
512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD
|Camera||Front: 8MP HD |
Rear: 13MP HD
|Battery||42 Wh, (3665mAh@11.46V), lithium polymer|
|Port||USB-C x 1（Thunderbolt 4, supports charging, transferring data, and DisplayPort)|
3.5 mm headset, microphone 2-in-1 interface x 1 (CTIA standard support)
|Price||starts at CNY 5,999 ($940)|
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- 5 African fintech startups to watch in 2023
- 3 ways blockchain technology lets small businesses in Africa overcome barriers and unlock new opportunities
- A big decision: switching from Playstation to Xbox
- 5 ways you can make money with technology
- Here are tips on how to become a successful content creator in 2023
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March