Microsoft is partnering with the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Egypt, to launch a Digital Transformation (DX) technologies scholarship to build the capacities of 1,000 graduates. The scholarship aims to refine the skills of graduates and qualify them to contribute to the tech renaissance in Egypt.
It will provide knowledge and know-how in advanced DX technologies through intensive digital training, virtual classes and practical exercises. Trainees will receive certificates at the end of the training. The training tracks include DevOps, data science, cloud infrastructure management, cloud app development and database management.
The scholarship program also seeks to give the trainees the skills needed to compete in both the local and global markets. Click to register and participate in the scholarship program.
Microsoft believes in the importance of building youth skills, says Mirna Arif, Country General Manager, Microsoft Egypt.
“ … and enhancing their digital capabilities in the competitive labour market to accelerate digital transformation in Egypt towards a knowledge-based digital economy. Technology is an integral part of the workplace today, and businesses need employees who can increasingly work with new technologies.”
The MCIT says the scholarship is within its Egypt Vision 2030 framework and strategy of forging a digital society. And part of the agreement between the Egyptian government and Microsoft to digitally transform entities in the administrative apparatus of the state.
Microsoft Egypt is working with other organizations in Egypt as part of its goal of developing the youth’s digital skills. Through the Tawar w Ghayar initiative and Vodafone Begin platform, it supports entrepreneurs, startups and freelancers to find work opportunities. Microsoft is also deploying capacity building solutions and resources in 8 National Academy of Science and Skills applied technology schools.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- TECNO Camon 18 series, price and device specifications
- Resume writing tips and advice to make you
- Mini IT8, GEEKOM launches mini PC with Windows 11
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies targets African businesses with affordable Microsoft Teams Essential
- Microsoft AI for Accessibility low-cost Assistive Technology grant, Request for Proposals
- HUAWEI MateBook E (2022), specs, price, availability date
- Meet the winners of the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Online Championship
- ETIHAD to achieve net-zero sustainability goals with Microsoft tech
- Here is how to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp
- Microsoft Student Summit Africa 2021 set for 1-3 December