The Office app for Windows and web version Office.com are getting a refresh and bringing new experiences. Microsoft announces this at Ignite 2021 as part of reimagining Office and transforming for a hybrid world. With the redesign Microsoft says it will serve as a hub for your content, easily finding content and taking action.
Changes to the Office app include a new homepage with a Quick Access section and a set of Recommended Actions. It also has a new My Content page to easily search and filter content and a Create page with all apps and tools, plus templates from all the apps. Microsoft will roll out the new features and experience to users gradually over the next couple of months.
The enhancements we’re making to Office.com is to help you optimize your time and simplify your work. These updates make it even easier to find all the content associated with you, access your apps and templates in one place, take action quickly, and understand what work needs your attention.
What is new in Office desktop app and Office for the web?
Microsoft Program manager Alyssa Galvin takes you on a deep dive into all the new changes.
Check out what’s new on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to follow for the latest videos in the ecosystem.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- TECNO Camon 18 series, price and device specifications
- Resume writing tips and advice to make you
- Mini IT8, GEEKOM launches mini PC with Windows 11
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies targets African businesses with affordable Microsoft Teams Essential
- Microsoft AI for Accessibility low-cost Assistive Technology grant, Request for Proposals
- HUAWEI MateBook E (2022), specs, price, availability date
- Meet the winners of the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Online Championship
- ETIHAD to achieve net-zero sustainability goals with Microsoft tech
- Here is how to send disappearing photos and videos on WhatsApp
- Microsoft Student Summit Africa 2021 set for 1-3 December