GITEX Global 2021 is underway in Dubai and Microsoft is taking the opportunity to showcase its latest technological innovations in the areas of the future of work and sustainable smart cities. Alongside partners such as Schneider Electric, AVEVA, Digital Okta, Predica, Cloud 4C, Crayon, Rackspace, Liferay, TechVista, Intertec and Jedox.
Microsoft’s theme at GITEX Global 2021 is creating a “bolder digital future together”, with the company mapping out its vision for a more sustainable future. The event is taking place at the Dubai World Trade Centre till the 21st of October 2021.
Microsoft is challenging everyone to imagine a more sustainable future this year says Sayed Hashish, General Manager, Microsoft UAE. He notes that the company is constantly striving to find solutions to the most pressing challenges of our time. He adds that few things are more pressing today than solving the issue of climate change.
“We have partnered with Schneider Electric, to bring Dubai’s sustainability vision to life. Our collaboration, running on Azure and powered by the Microsoft Cloud demonstrates how a combination of cutting-edge technologies can translate large amounts of data into actionable, sustainability-focused outcomes. This will turn urban environments from being part of the climate problem into becoming part of the solution. Together with our partners, we look forward to showcasing some of the ground-breaking innovations which will empower our customers to thrive in the digital economy and hybrid work environment.”Sayed Hashish
You can find Microsoft and Microsoft partners on the event floor at Hall 7, dubbed the Microsoft hub. It houses an experiential center where you can have a hands-on with their products and solutions. Such as the Sustainable Smart City Command Center demo, Microsoft Teams, Viva Connections, Xbox, Windows 11 and Surface laptops. It also features a talk area for discussions, keynotes and workshops.
Microsoft says GITEX delegates will be able to try out its future of work products and solutions that allows employees to work, learn, and play under new flexible relationships with employers, all fuelled by the intelligent cloud. The company will also show how a balance can be struck between in-person and digital collaboration.
Last year the company focused on showcasing how it supports sustainable farming using AI, Edge and IoT,
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Microsoft targets lack of investment, affordable access to finance in a new AfDB partnership
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters