Here is how to watch the first-ever virtual Google for Africa event on October 6. Google is hosting its annual Africa event online this year. This is different from the previous country-specific events held in only Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. It will for the first time have participants from across the continent join the event. The live stream will start at the following times 9 AM GMT, 10 AM WAT, 11 AM CAT, 12 PM EAT and 11 AM SAT.
Although Google is hosting the event online the format hasn’t changed. There will be a keynote session where the company will introduce new ecosystem products and share more on its investments in Africa. Then there will be masterclasses that take registered participants through introductory and hands-on product sessions. Nigerian musician Tiwa Savage will give a special closing performance to cap the event. Click the link to get more details, register and participate in the virtual event.
Google will stream the event on the Google Africa YouTube page. We are embedding the live stream here so you can bookmark this page and visit it when the event goes live. You can also use the remind me feature on the scheduled YouTube event to set a reminder and get a notification when it starts.
Watch Google for Africa 2021 event live
Google will be announcing new collaborations and what it is working on with partners to increase connectivity in the region. It will also showcase new Africa centric updates in products like maps and search at the event. We might get to hear more about what Google plans to do with YouTube creators in Africa.
Join us to watch and tell us what you are looking forward to. Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream