Google is hosting a special Africa event on October 6th. It will kick-off at the following times across the region 10 AM WAT, 11 AM CAT, 12 PM EAT, 9 AM GMT, 11 AM SAT. The Google for Africa 2021 event will be an online-only event and not in-person this year. It appears we will not have the usual country-specific mini-events due to the global pandemic. Goggle’s invite reads “Google leaders will share updates of the work we’re doing to support Africa’s digital transformation”. We expect the company to highlight new products, product updates specific to Africa and investments across the continent.
As is the norm at Google Africa events it will have two parts, a keynote and masterclass sessions. A forty-five-minute keynote session led by Google and Alphabet CEO, Sundar Pichai. And 7 masterclass sessions that will hold across two days and cover topics related to creators, businesses and developers.
Other Google leaders speaking at the event are Juliet Ehimuan, Director West Africa, Mariam Abdullahi, Director Platforms and Ecosystem, and Ruth Porat Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Alphabet and Google.
We will be sharing some updates on the work that we are doing to make Google more helpful to people in Africa at our inaugural Google for Africa event on Wednesday, October 6. We will be hosting 5 masterclasses covering areas like SMB growth, digital advertising, nonprofit management, YouTube Shorts, and intro to machine learning for developers.
MCGH will be following the event and will bring you updates from the virtual event. Don’t forget to sign up below to get the latest details.
Missed the event? Watch highlights below or click to watch the full event.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream