Microsoft is expanding its Surface devices market in Africa as it opens a new market in Egypt. The company is officially launching Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop Go and Surface Go 2 for organizations in Egypt. This will increase the Surface market in Africa to two with South Africa being the only other market.
We are pleased to share the next step in our journey to support organizations and businesses says Mirna Arif, Country Manager, Microsoft Egypt, with the introduction of Surface Pro 7+, Surface Laptop Go and Surface Go 2.
It comes as no surprise to see Egypt become a market this quick as Mirna was the immediate Surface Business Group Director for the Middle East and Africa. It will be interesting to see the adaptation and growth of the devices in Egypt.
There is no immediate mention of prices. Microsoft says you can make an order for the devices through authorized device partners in Egypt. Alternatively, you can register your interest and find out more about the devices through Microsoft Certified Distributor, Redington Egypt.
Finn Morris, Surface Business Group Director at Microsoft Middle East and Africa notes, “We’re excited to introduce Surface products to the Egyptian market. Offering a new, Windows-powered alternative in the devices segment that balances security, aesthetics, speed and versatility.”
The announced Surface devices are currently heavily on discount across various markets and I will expect these to be as well. Microsoft also recently hosted an event to announce a new generation of Surface devices. The Surface Pro 8, Surface Duo 2, Surface Go 3, Surface Laptop Studio and Surface Pro X. I expect these new devices to be available to the Egypt market next year.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business
- Dell XPS 13 2022 laptop, thin, light, high premium performance
- 13 startups join the Microsoft Scale-up Accelerator program