Microsoft is expanding its Surface devices market in Africa as it opens a new market in Egypt. The company is officially launching Surface Pro 7, Surface Laptop Go and Surface Go 2 for organizations in Egypt. This will increase the Surface market in Africa to two with South Africa being the only other market.
We are pleased to share the next step in our journey to support organizations and businesses says Mirna Arif, Country Manager, Microsoft Egypt, with the introduction of Surface Pro 7+, Surface Laptop Go and Surface Go 2.
It comes as no surprise to see Egypt become a market this quick as Mirna was the immediate Surface Business Group Director for the Middle East and Africa. It will be interesting to see the adaptation and growth of the devices in Egypt.
There is no immediate mention of prices. Microsoft says you can make an order for the devices through authorized device partners in Egypt. Alternatively, you can register your interest and find out more about the devices through Microsoft Certified Distributor, Redington Egypt.
Finn Morris, Surface Business Group Director at Microsoft Middle East and Africa notes, “We’re excited to introduce Surface products to the Egyptian market. Offering a new, Windows-powered alternative in the devices segment that balances security, aesthetics, speed and versatility.”
The announced Surface devices are currently heavily on discount across various markets and I will expect these to be as well. Microsoft also recently hosted an event to announce a new generation of Surface devices. The Surface Pro 8, Surface Duo 2, Surface Go 3, Surface Laptop Studio and Surface Pro X. I expect these new devices to be available to the Egypt market next year.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream