Microsoft officially welcomes realme to the Windows partner ecosystem with the launch of the realme Book. Alvaro Celis, the company’s VP of World Device Sales shared this at the launch event of the realme GT series and realme Book (Slim).
Alvaro shares that with more than 1.3 billion users the Windows ecosystem is more vibrant than ever. A platform that allows people to do whatever they need from their place of choice, he adds. He also notes that the realme Book is an incredible example of that [Windows 11] innovation.
Windows 11 is the Windows that you care and love, it has been reimagined, it has been simplfied.Alvaro Celis
Today I have the distinct pleasure to welcome realme to the Windows partner ecosystem. With the launch of their device the realme Book, a device that will be available worldwide. I look forward to our joint success in the marketplace. Congratulations and welcome.
For realme, this venture will see if they can extend their mobile phone business model of delivering premium devices at budget prices to the laptop category. They have already made a name in the smartphone market claiming to be the world’s fastest smartphone brand to reach 100 million device sales. That question that remains is will they be able to give realme fans premium laptops at value prices?
The laptops will be upgradeable to Windows 11 for free when it launches officially later this year.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- 2022 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa award winners
- Microsoft opens new innovation hub in Lusail, Qatar
- LG Gram 2022 series laptops, ultra-light with excellent battery life
- Top 3 modern technologies that will be used in World Cup 2022
- Meet Ghana’s Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP)
- African Tech Tycoons you should be aware of
- Pitch AgriHack 2022, win US$45,000 in prizes
- TECNO Camon 19 series, price and device specifications
- Microsoft pledges agritech support in Africa to increase food security
- Top essential tools you need to grow your business