Ola ‘Olatomiwa‘ Williams assumes the new role of Microsoft country manager for Nigeria. Formerly serving as the Director of Microsoft Cloud and Digital Transformation Solutions for Microsoft’s Multi-Country Cluster region. She will now lead the organization’s efforts to accelerate Nigeria’s Digital transformation and cloud adoption. As well as identify new opportunities, mobilize internal organization resources and external stakeholders.
Ola shares “It’s a great honour to be taking on this exciting journey. At a time when the organisation is focused on growing and accelerating Africa’s transformation. I am very optimistic of where Africa is headed and how we have a unique opportunity to use technology to really transform the lives and businesses in this region.” she adds.
Ola joined Microsoft in 2010 as the Enterprise Voice Technology Specialist. She has since held various positions including Partner Technology Manager, Dynamics Partner Sales Executive and Account Technology Strategist. Ola has over 21 years of Information technology experience which spans through Solution implimentation, Solution Sales and Channels Management.
New Microsoft Nigeria country manager, Ola Williams, takes over the role previously held by Akin Banuso. Akin will take on the new role of Enterprise Commercial Lead for Middle East and Africa Multi market region. It is not yet clear if Ola’s responsibilities will also include being country manager of Ghana.
“I’m proud of the significant contributions Akin has put in to accelerate the transformation journey of our customers in Nigeria.Microsoft’s Middle East and Africa – Multi market region’s General Manager, Ibrahim Youssry,
I’m thrilled that Ola will bring her unique expertise to take the country to new heights and also play a part in the larger leadership team to design how we address Africa’s business landscape.”
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream