Microsoft is announcing that the popular PC simulation game Flight Simulator is now available on the Xbox series X and S consoles. This is the first time in its about forty years that the flight simulation game is making its way to consoles.
Microsoft says it is trying to give aspiring pilots the chance to take flight(lessons) using a console. The game comes with the same level of depth as the PC version the company notes. The PC version is receiving a massive bump in performance improvements. It also comes with added features such as improved flight training, world exploration, flight assistance and more. And these are also going to be experienced on the console as well. The improved features give a pilot real-time and realist experiences through the power of satellite data from Bing Maps and cloud-based AI using Microsoft Azure.
Microsoft Flight Simulator lets you travel to over thirty-seven thousand airports and two million cities across the world. The enhanced improvements like point of interest labels let you explore and find landmarks easily. For new pilots, there are twenty-two fundamental training flights to teach you basic handling.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available with Xbox Game Pass. So you can play it on a Windows 10 PC, Steam or your Xbox series X or S console. Microsoft says the game will get third party partners who will introduce peripherals to make the console experience immersive.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Microsoft launches student hackathon, targets solutions for the health sector
- 3 things web designers can learn from the gambling industry
- Microsoft, OCP Africa to improve farmer productivity with digital agriculture platform
- Usage Tips: How Does Technology Affect Your Health?
- The top 10 biggest events in AI in the month of March
- Microsoft launches technical skill-enhancement program for university lecturers.
- Students from Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa qualify for the 2023 Microsoft Imagine Cup world finals
- TECNO MegaBook S1 2023, device specifications and price
- Microsoft and OpenAI: A Winning Combination for AI Era?
- Everyone thinks Microsoft + OpenAI will beat Google in the AI Battle, will that happen?
One thought on “You can now play Microsoft Flight Simulator on an Xbox console”