Digital SA Nation (SAtion), is collaborating with Microsoft South Africa to create digitally skilled South Africans. By introducing a Digital Skills Hub that will promote digital literacy, skills transfer and upskilling, and close the digital divide. The partnership between the two organizations hopes to aid in the socio-economic transformation of South Africa.
For Microsoft, the partnership with Digital SA Nation will provide opportunities that enable citizens to effectively operate in the digital space. Letting the South African youth unlock their career with skills that will improve their chances of securing a job.
“The digital economy creates the ideal opportunity for job creation,” says Lillian Barnard, General Manager, Microsoft South Africa. It also spurs innovation, boosts economic growth and supports long-term competitiveness“, she adds.
The SAtion Digital Skills Hub will host three initiatives; the Global Skills Initiative, Mahala, and Microsoft Cloud Society. Each initiative will offer different opportunities for all South Africans to acquire digital skills. This includes the youth, unemployed, small, medium and micro enterprises, and government officials.
With the Mahala initiative, South Africans aged 8 to 24 can sign up for the full Microsoft Office 365 free of charge. Through this portal, you will be able to activate Microsoft licenses for the Microsoft Office 365 suite and 5TB OneDrive cloud-based storage.
If you are interested in cloud computing and looking to learn and grow, the Microsoft Cloud Society initiative helps you identify and engage with passionate and influential cloud computing focused experts from the industry. You also get free online training and free or subsidized vouchers to take certification exams.
Through the Global Skills Initiative unemployed or economically disadvantaged South Africans can acquire skills and certification for in-demand jobs. These include roles such as software engineer, data analyst, customer service specialist and more.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Ecobank Group partners with Microsoft to upskill SMEs in 33 countries in Africa
- TECNO Phantom X, premium model price and camera spotlight
- 2021 Microsoft Partner of the year Africa Award winners
- Digital SA Nation and Microsoft announce new digital space
- HP Pavilion Aero 13 Laptop PC, device specifications and price
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is now available in Africa and the Middle East
- Kuwait leaders to maximize the use of smart technologies in new Microsoft AI program
- Get Microsoft Office 365 for Free, here is how to
- Can Zuku 5 Mbps internet enable learning?
- Hacks to improve your MacBook’s battery life