Microsoft announces the appointment of Salima Amira as Country Manager for its operations in Morocco. In her new role as Country Manager, Salima will conceptualise strategies, allocate resources, oversee engagements, and highlight Microsoft’s work in Morocco. She is tasked with developing and maintaining relationships within the regional sales and marketing departments, as well as across Microsoft’s subsidiaries.
She has 17 years of experience as a leader within complex and competitive sales environments. Salima is an agile and analytical thinker with a strong technical background. Salima has held various roles within IBM and spent the last two years as Territory Manager for Morocco. Prior to this, she spent eight years selling services and solutions across industries. And six years at INWI in the telecommunication industry where she took on roles in B2B business development management and subsidiary management.
“I’m eager to join the Microsoft team in Morocco. To meet the people, get to know them, understand and embrace the culture, and support each member. Together as a team, I believe we can accelerate Microsoft’s plan for Morocco,” says Salima.
Salima expresses her goal of driving business development, client success, and partner empowerment by working closely with clients and partners to understand their market- and industry-specific needs. She is passionate about attracting talent and empowering people, linking their work to greater customer impact.
Salima Amira is a firm advocate for fostering a culture of inclusion, transparency, and trust. Guided by these pillars, she aims to successfully mentor her staff, instilling a resilient, growth-oriented mindset, to action the best strategies for scalable, innovative results that matter to clients, and the ecosystem at large.
Ibrahim Youssry, Regional General Manager for Microsoft’s Middle East & Africa Multi-Country Region, on her appointment, says, “We are thrilled to welcome Salima to the team in Morocco. With her wealth of experience and knowledge, she is set to successfully drive our shared goal of enabling digital transformation in the region.”
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Unleashed, Watch Apple Event – October 18
- GITEX Global 2021, Microsoft showcases next-generation smart city solutions
- Azure availability zones now available in South Africa
- TECNO to deploy Android 12 on HiOS 8.5 for CAMON 17 and PHANTOM X
- 15 startups selected for the first cohort of the Microsoft GrowthX Accelerator program
- 400k South Africans participate in Microsoft skills initiative
- Nedbank launches low bandwidth DigiSkills training platform in partnership with Microsoft
- Unboxing, First Impression and Review of the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
- itel Spirit 1 laptop, full device specs and price
- How to watch today’s Google for Africa event live stream