A Zimbabwean company, Zimbabwe Information Technology Company (ZITCO) has received Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certification from Microsoft to produce Windows 10 devices.
The ZITCO assembled devices are named Infinity and will bear the mathematical infinity logo. The company will produce laptops, desktop computers and tablets.
It will be a Zimbabwean brand that serves the PC market in Zimbabwe mainly. With plans to produce about 150 thousand devices annually bringing them to other markets in the future.
“We .. announce the partnership with Microsoft and certification as an OEM … it assures originality and guarantees the quality of ZITCO products.
Meet the Infinity T46 Laptop, Infinity X50 Laptop, Infinity G79 Desktop computer, Infinity All-in-one PC, Mini-Laptop and Infinity Tablet from ZITCO. Watch the video below for more details on the specifications and prices of the device.
ZITCO is a collaboration by telecommunications company TelOne, Inspur and the Zimbabwe Government. To improve the supply of ICT devices to public sector workers to enhance the government’s e-government program. The government wants to lower the costs of ICT devices and make them readily available. As it embarks on an ICT skills development and knowledge transfer in Zimbabwe to boost job creation and economic growth.
The partnership with Microsoft will see it get discounted prices for Windows 10 and Office software. As a result, some of the computers given to primary and secondary school students will have OS software as low as 1$ compared to $100.
Where OEM’s like HP, Acer, Lenovo, Dell, etc. get their components is where ZITCO gets its components. This should give an element of comfort to our clients or anyone who purchases our products.
The Zimbabwean company plans to move from its initial phase of assembling devices to also manufacturing components. It will have warranty and repair services available for its devices.
Check out images from the launch event of the ZITCO assembly plant below.
Check out other stories making the news in the technology ecosystem in Africa and the Middle East.
- Microsoft to introduce new innovations at October 12 event
- Google sets a special Africa event for October 5, 2022
- How much money do I need to start trading?
- Tecno introduces CAMON 19 Pro Mondrian with sunlight drawing technology
- New iPhone 14, Apple Watch Ultra – Apple September 2022 event in 2 minutes
- Kunle Awosika heads Microsoft Africa Transformation Office in new company reorg
- Airtel brings Microsoft Cloud Services to businesses in Uganda
- 2022 Ecobank Fintech Challenge opens with $50K prize money
- Azure Availability Zones now generally available in Microsoft UAE datacenters
- Microsoft’s new cloud datacenter region in Qatar finally goes live